Patch Notes (11 September 2017)
These Patch Notes were announced on 11 September 2017.
The following fixes and tweaks have now been implemented. If you believe a change has not been documented, either in the patch notes or the news posts for this week’s update, please detail the change so that it may be added.
As always, be sure to submit a bug report should you encounter a gameplay bug or graphical glitch in-game.
- The loading screen will no longer constantly reappear in the Poison Waste Sewers when using the NXT client.
- Some blocking around the foliage surrounding Yakamaru's shark pool has been removed.
- An incorrectly coloured tile in Linza's tomb in the Barrows has been fixed.
- A floor tile near the zoo in Ardougne has been fixed.
- A minimap icon for the World Gate has been added, where relevant.
- The Tarddiad World Gate now has a Gielinor symbol like the other World Gates.
- Players can now change their Skybox/Filters in Dungeoneering, the Uncharted Isles and the Player-Owned House.
- The icons in the Clan customization window will now display the corresponding building.
Skills, D&Ds & Minigames
- Players can now teleport to their house via the Arc Islands' 'House' cosmetic when their teleport arrival location is set to 'Portal'.
- By correcting a typo, there are now double the number of possible variations for straight tiles in Shattered Worlds.
- Scrollbars that would show in the skill guide when a page had too few entries to require scrolling have been fixed.
- A typo when transforming sacred clay weapons has been fixed.
- Ironmen can now participate in Flash Powder Factory minigame, but cannot buy the XP rewards.
- Elen Anterth in the Max Guild now plays the Invention skillcape emote.
Quests, Challenges and Achievements
- The Kindred Spirits quest points reward is now displayed on the quest overview screen.
- Sophanite and Menaphite dialogue has been tweaked, depending on the progress made in the Jack of Spades and Contact! quests.
- A typo in a Menaphos city quest has been fixed.
- Viking beer now counts towards the Open Bar achievement. Kegs still do not count.
- Players can now consistently collect their Tier 3 Tirannwn task reward from Arianwyn.
- Inspecting a player's favourite achievement now works correctly.
- A world broadcast has been added when a player receives a lucky dragonkin coin drop from the Motherlode Maw.
- The following changes have been made to Living Wyverns:
- The radius of the fires warming effect has been increased from 1 tile to 2.
- The fire is now 4 times more effective.
- The environment freezing effect now takes twice as long to build stacks.
- The wyverns' attack speed has been reduced.
- Players can now use the Sixth-Age circuit to teleport to the Memorial to Guthix.
- The bleed and darkness effect from the shadows on path 3 of Araxxor will now clear at the end of phase 2.
- Araxxor's spiders' spawn speed has been increased.
- Right-clicking the collection button in the Beast tab no longer states travel.
- The Runemetrics loot log now records items that are auto-collected or auto-converted.
- An action bar popup that appears for new members has been removed.
- A disconnect when trying to place coconut milk into vials with some ingredients stored in a beast of burden has been fixed.
- Adding a rune which has previously been deleted from a rune pouch will now work correctly.
- The Augmented abyssal wand and orb can now cast Slayer Dart.
- Bank PIN protection has been added when attempting to destroy a completionist cape.
- The adrenaline debuff timer will now display on the debuff bar when drinking a Super Guthix Rest potion.
- Four new Ironman/Hardcore Ironman quickchat messages have been added under Community -> Ironman.
- A debuff icon has been added when being frozen by a skeletal wyvern.
- Players can now claim a Clan vexillum from the Head Guard in a Clan Citadel.
- A clan broadcast message can now be toggled that'll display the name of the Admin+ who disallows/allows Guests to enter or talk in the Clan Chat channel.
- The Clan job title of 'Ancienter' has been replaced with 'Alternate Account'.
- Visiting a Clan Citadel for the first time each week will now send an Adventurer's log update.
- An Adventurer's Log update will now be triggered when capping at a Clan Citadel.
Last week's hotfixes
- 04/09, 11:15 UTC: Some checks were implenented to ensure Terrorbird racing did not start.
- 05/09, 10:05 UTC: The date displayed about the Menaphos amnesty period when equipping a Completionist or Master Quest cape was corrected.
- 05/09, 15:05 UTC: The loot beam trigger values will no longer be reset in certain circumstances while playing Shattered Worlds.
- 07/09, 11:05 UTC: It is once again possible to change the Public Chat setting back to On when in Legacy interface mode.
- Players can now see their current streak and loot while in the middle of a streak at Telos.
- Clicking the Quest tab in Legacy interface mode will now open the Quest child window instead of the larger parent window.
- The buy limit has been increased from 100 to 1000 for bronze to adamant weaponry and armour, allowing better synergy with Invention.
- The 'Moving House' menu accessible via the Estate Agent has been improved.
- Pies, cakes and pizzas will now stay in the same inventory slot while consumed instead of jumping to the first free slot at each stage of eating.
- The Wilderness Gargoyles have relocated to the ruins east of the Wilderness Volcano.
- The player's camera will no longer be slightly zoomed in after the Araxxor phase transition to Araxxi.
- The messaging given when trying to craft various Elemental Workshop equipment if the player does not have the relevant book with them has been improved.
- Ferocious rings now have a loot beam value of 50,000.
- The Prifddinas gnome glider now uses the same left-click options as other glider points.
- Players can now use bamboo and golden bamboo to fletch tortle traps at level 96 Fletching.
- Scrimshaws of lower charge can now be combined to fully restore charge. For example, combining two 3 hour superior scrimshaws will create one fully charged scrimshaw (4 hours) and one 2 hour scrimshaw.
- Degraded Goliath gloves can now be combined together to restore charge in a similar style to scrimshaws.
- Saved approximately 70MB with some interface optimisations.
- Increased the amount of hit makers that can appear on the player or npc at any one time.
- Fixed potential crash in Windows custom cursors.
- Added support for FPS capping.
- By default your maximum FPS will now be set to 10 above your monitors refresh rate.
- By default your maximum FPS will now be set to 30 if RuneScape is not your focused window conserving power and GPU usage.