Patch Notes (10 July 2017)
These Patch Notes were announced on 10 July 2017.
The following fixes and tweaks have now been implemented. If you believe a change has not been documented, either in the patch notes or the news posts for this week’s update, please detail the change so that it may be added.
As always, be sure to submit a bug report should you encounter a gameplay bug or graphical glitch in-game.
- The possessed priest's model in Icthlarin's Little Helper has been updated to make it more inline with current Menaphite graphics.
- A client crashing issue that previously occured after using the Communication device during the Dishonour among Thieves quest in the Java client has been fixed.
- Lactarius mushrooms now have the same colour for the inventory model and in the Arc journal.
- The Menaphos banner has been removed from the Desert Pantheon Aura interface.
- Some environment issues have been fixed near the Abandoned mine.
- Some lights have been removed from the celestial dragon dungeon.
Skills, D&Ds & Minigames
- The 'prefer task' option on the slayer master reward interface will now appear disabled when the player does not have enough points.
- An issue where the Mummy Champion challenge couldn't be completed when using fire spells has been fixed.
- Slayer masters now state that corrupted creature tasks have no specific combat weakness.
- Players are now told what type of logs are received while woodcutting.
- The mention of a spider shield has been removed from the level 20 Magic skill guide.
- Monkey knife fighters now drop camouflage fragments, drop strange rocks and can give the Thieving skill pet when thieving.
- The ability to toggle gaining XP from Guthixian butterflies has been added. Speak to Orla at the Heart of Guthix memorial to toggle XP off.
Quests, Challenges and Achievements
- Several music track unlock hints have been amended to no longer state that they are unlocked by going to various Rat Pit locations.
- The Elite Varrock Achievement 'A Ton of Earth' has had its level requirement fixed and can now be pinned / removed correctly.
- The "Stay Safe" and "Around the World in Six Ways" achievements have been added to the master quest cape achievement list.
- Messages for daily challenge completion have been updated to account for the 3 different challenge mistresses.
- An issue that was preventing The Magister from taking damage in his final phase has been resolved.
- Defeating The Magister will now correctly display kills on the Adventurer's Log.
- Skill guide entries for khopesh weaponry have been added.
- Progress bars in the Menaphos reputation interface now show the percentage of the progress within the current tier, rather than showing progress from 0 reputation.
- If a chest has been opened but not looted in a Shifting Tomb, the model has been changed to display loot inside the chest.
- The Sophanem Slayer dungeon shortcut is no longer blocked.
- City quest tasks in Menaphos can now be partially completed.
- A new icon has been added to the minimap for opened sarcophagi in Shifting Tombs.
- The Kharidian Desert members' information on the non-members world map has been updated to include Menaphos.
- A number of typos in the Grand Library books have been fixed.
- A typo formerly displayed when the feline akh cries for help has been fixed.
- A typo with Urluk the camel has been fixed.
- Reaching the next tier of reputation in a Menaphos faction will now unlock any previous rewards that were missed for that faction due to reputation refunds or retroactive additions.
- Performing any Menaphos surface skilling action when already tier 10 in a faction will also unlock any missed rewards for that faction.
- A missing chathead animation has been added to the Menaphite guards detaining Septhys.
- A health counter has been added to the Queen Black Dragon for each of her phases.
- The silver hawk handheld pet can now be equipped by free players.
- A bank healing area has been added to Guthix Memorial bank chest.
- An issue that was preventing some players from obtaining Strisath's journal has been fixed.
- The despawn sound of the Twitching Orb has been made slightly louder.
- The Adventurer's log entry for completing the Kindred Spirits quest has been fixed.
- Players can no longer use the T75 variant of Tuska Warpriest armour on non-member worlds.
- The Zaros Godsword special attack will no longer hit players in the safe zone in Clan Wars.
- The broken option about banking has been removed from Larry and Richard, since players cannot bank with them.
- Off-hand Imcando axes now state 'This item can be regenerated from the main-hand version.' when attempting to destroy.
- The herb burner will now recognise spirit weed when clicking on it.
- Players can no longer view the boss assistance rewards interface on free worlds.
- An issue that was preventing gnome reward tokens from working correctly for some players has been fixed.
Last week's hotfixes
- 03/07, 13:20 UTC: Aome leftover debug text formerly displayed when kicking a mine during The Magister encounter has been removed.
- 03/07, 13:40 UTC: The Our Man in the North and 'Phite Club Adventurer's log entries have been fixed.
- 03/07, 14:20 UTC: The Magister's Slayer XP has been fixed.
- 03/07, 15:00 UTC: The Magister's lore books now appear in a player-owned house bookcase correctly.
- 03/07, 15:45 UTC: The primary action bar can once again be switched when the action bar is locked.
- 03/07, 16:05 UTC: Super restore potions now restore life points by 25% of the usual amount instead of 50% in The Magister encounters.
- 03/07, 16:05 UTC: The Minister pet now displays the owner's Magister kills instead of the examiner's kills.
- 04/07, 10:35 UTC: The daily gathering cap has been reset for Soul Obelisks.
- 04/07, 14:50 UTC: A bug that was causing 3,100% enrage broadcasts to appear repeatedly has been fixed.
- 04/07, 15:40 UTC: Superior dragon dagger & claws no longer refund adrenaline on special attack.
- 06/07, 09:40 UTC: The Report button can once again be used in Legacy interface mode.
- Players can now have multiple Quick Prayer presets, up to a maximum of 10, and they can all be drag and dropped onto the action bar.
- A fairy ring has been added to the Kharazi Jungle with a code of CJS. 5 bittercap mushrooms are required to initially restore the fairy ring.
- Magic and Ranged abilities now appear unavailable in the spell book and ability bar if the player does not have the runes or ammo to cast them.
- Daemonheim task reward areas no longer require wearing the aura to enter.
- Gemstone dragon slayer assignments are now slightly more common.
- Clue scrolls will no longer be given for the Chaos Tunnels.
- The clue scroll bridge puzzle sliding puzzle has had a duck added to help differentiate between some similar coloured tiles.
- The Grand Exchange buy limit for bolas has been increased from 50 to 1000.
- The Summoning bar now displays an alternative colour for Special Move points (not applicable to Legacy mode).
- Upon joining a group, you will now be informed if you do not have the group chat window enabled. This message has a 5 minute cool down.
- It is no longer possible to log out so quickly after gathering Cursed Energy.
- The Attack/Strength and Defence/Constitution ability books can now be split regardless of the status of the action bar lock.
- The 'Take BoB' option now works correctly with keybinds.
- Giving items to a familiar now behaves properly when handling stackable items.
- Fixed sprite edge artefacts.
- Made audio system more robust and reduced chance of crackling/dropouts.
- Fixed an issue that causes celestial dragon dungeon to never finish loading.
- Fixed broken shadow rendering on Intel HD 2000.
- Fixed a NaN (not a number) bug with particular models.
- Removed dependency on Visual C++ 2015 redist and KB2999226 windows update.
- Fixed medium+ water and SSAO on compatibility mode.
- Certain particle physics should now work correctly.