We’re hopping mad with excitement about RuneScape’s eggshellent Easter event this month. Lumbridge will be choc-a-block with eggcitement that you should definitely chick out.
We’ve also got some eggceptional quality of life improvements to the Clan systems, an eggtraordinary evolution of Vic the Trader, some eggquisite changes to Miniquests and some eggsplosive Oddments tweaks.
Yolks aside, let’s stop rabbiting on and take a look.
It’s time for the Eastertime Fete in Lumbridge and Gielinor’s guilds have turned up to show off their assorted and sometimes peculiar wares.
Tasks in this temporary Easter quest include:
- Cooking a cake pie for the Chef’s Guild.
- Creating swordsharkuna (a tuna, inside a swordfish, inside a shark – borderline inedible, questionably unethical!) for the Fishing Guild.
- Helping the Crafting Guild decorate an elaborate ornate egg.
Note that players do not need to be a member of a guild to do its part of the quest. Oh, and make sure you take a really close look at that prize egg, won’t you?
Players can find the Eastertime Fete in the Lumbridge crater area from April 15th.
AVOIDING DENTAL CATASTROPHE
As excited as the Easter Bunny is about the fete, he’s also a little worried – some previously undiscovered hidden eggs have hardened and crystallised over time. Should they be discovered by the fine people of Gielinor and subsequently chewed, then a wide-ranging toothy calamity could result!
Gielinor therefore needs someone to collect them all up – and obviously through the medium of skilling activities. Drop rates throughout this event will be better when skilling in and around the Springtime Fete area. Once all the pieces have been gathered together to form a giant egg, the Easter Bunny will do its thang and de-crystallise it, creating a small trove of goodies for all to enjoy!
Also keep an eye out for the hidden eggs scattered around Gielinor each day, each of which contains a large crystallised chocolate fragment. Additional large fragments can be gained from completing side quests for the guilds.
Event rewards include the chickaxe and some special Easter armour.
Avoiding Dental Catastrophe is also a wonderful opportunity to support two very worthwhile charities. Money raised from purchasing chocolate fragments during the event will go to our partner charities CPSL Mind and The Prince’s Trust.
Avoiding Dental Catastrophe kicks off on April 15th.
CLAN QUALITY OF LIFE IMPROVEMENTS
Loads of our players love to play RuneScape with friends, and clans continue to be a wonderfully popular way of finding like-minded adventurers. This month will see a number of tweaks and fixes rolled out to the clan system, including:
- A special broadcast will fire to your clan if you've been a member for 3/6/9 months, and then every year on the anniversary of your joining (or when you next login).
- The Clan Info interface is being refreshed, and a clan’s creation date added.
- The Vexillum option will be removed from the Noticeboard edit interface.
- Clan event reminder notifications will be updated to include more information about the upcoming event.
- Players will be able to view the job title of a clan member by hovering over their rank icon in Clan Chat.
- The Clan Log will be updated to show the last week’s visitor and capped count.
- Clans can set a total level requirement for joining their clan. If a player is trying to be invited that doesn't match the clan's requirement they will not be able to join. If an owner invites a player, it will bypass this check.
- Lots more small UI tweaks and improvements.
There will also be improvements to Clan Chat, including but not limited to:
- The ability to view the information of the clan you're guesting in by clicking the I button will be added.
- Clan staff can set up a 'Guest Clan PIN' that will stop any guests who don’t know it from entering the clan. If the PIN is changed, any guests reconnecting to the clan chat will be kicked out and will have to enter the right PIN to re-join.
- Clans will be able to set a total level requirement for guests to join their clan chat in Clan Settings. This is to stop new accounts being made to flame clan chats.
The Clan changes will arrive on April 29th.
Judge a quest by its size, do you? Well you shouldn’t, and in recognition of how much we all love RuneScape’s miniquests, we’re adding them to the game’s main quest list on April 8th.
Joining them on the quest list are the five Fremennik Sagas. All of this will help content that’s often forgotten to rise to the surface, so do get stuck in!
Here’s the full list of everything being added to the quest list:
- Three’s Company
- Thok It To ‘Em
- Thok Your Block Off
- Tales of the Arc
- Tales of the God Wars
- Tale of Nomad
- Sheep Shearer
- Witch’s Potion
- Bar Crawl
- Benedict’s World Tour
- The Curse of Zaros
- Desert Slayer Dungeon
- Doric & Boric tasks
- The General’s Shadow
- Hopespear’s Will
- Hunt for Surok
- Koschei’s Troubles
- Mahjarrat Memories
- The Lair of Tarn Razorlor
- The Lost Toys
- In Memory of the Myreque
- Purple Cat
- Rebuilding Edgeville
- One Foot in the Grave
- Thieves’ Guild Capers
- Wandering Ga’al
PORTABLE TRADER TRIAL
Vic’s getting personal. For the price of one bond, players will be able to buy a summoning stone. Once acquired it can then be activated for 1 hour, throughout which Vic can be summoned as many times as you like. Furthermore, this time is paused if you log out.
Vic will offer the usual perks, such as the ability to trade in bonus XP for credits (at a slightly better rate than regular Vic) to spend in Vic’s portable store. Activating a stone will also reset Vic’s diminishing XP trading returns. Portable Vic will only be usable by the player who summoned him. Items will cost the same as they do from Vic’s normal store, plus F2P players will also be able to sample his non-member wares!
Players will be able to head into the bonds interface and grab the new portable trader package between April 23rd and May 26th. The summoning stones will still be available to use after the end of the trial. There are no current plans to replace the regular Vic the Trader whom you are all accustomed to.
For more information about Portable Vic, head over to the dedicated news post.
ODDMENTS STORE REFRESH
We’re going to be giving the Oddments Store a little refresh on April 8th. For those of you who don’t know, oddments are received when players claim prizes from Treasure Hunter and can be exchanged for useful items and cosmetics.
New prizes will be added (such as the Solite and Lunite armour and weapons) and a couple are being removed (Ninja Training and Deathbeard’s Demise).
Here’s a complete list of all the new items:
- Solite helm - 500 oddments
- Solite chestplate - 500 oddments
- Solite platelegs - 500 oddments
- Solite mail gloves - 150 oddments
- Solite boots - 150 oddments
- Solite cape - 800 oddments
- Lunite helm - 500 oddments
- Lunite chestplate - 500 oddments
- Lunite platelegs - 500 oddments
- Lunite mail gloves - 150 oddments
- Lunite boots - 150 oddments
- Lunite cape - 800 oddments
- Solstice Blade - 1000 oddments
- Solstice Shield - 1000 oddments
There are ghastly matters afoot in Solomon’s General Store this month. The Risen, a fallen warrior mage that met its gruesome end in the swamps of Mort Myre, has returned to claim its kingdom once again.
The Risen will be available to buy from April 8th.
That’s your fill for this month. Have a good Easter everybody, and we’ll see you in May.
The RuneScape Team