Easter Eggs-periments marks the return of the traditional holiday mini-quest. Free players and members alike will help the Easter Bunny clear out a factory full of troublesome imps...using some unorthodox methods.
Guthixian butterflies are back by popular demand, too, for regular and Ironman accounts alike.
Mini-quest and butterflies alike are available for two weeks – until the 13th of April.
Read on for full details!
How to Start
Speak to the Easter Bunny, just west of Port Sarim
The Easter Bunny's back from his travels, but it's all gone terribly wrong while he's been away.
Imps have infested the bunny's chocolate factory, and they're refusing to leave until their leader gets what he wants: the jadinko pet of his dreams.
Using your combat, hunting or thieving skills – with a spot of dubious experimental science – you'll restore the factory to working order.
Note that the solution to the bunny's conundrum will differ between players. Good luck!
Just to egg you on...
Completing Easter Eggs-periments earns you some cracking rewards:
- Huge XP lamp
- Jadinko pet
- Jadinko slippers feet override
- Egg-on-a-fork weapon override
- Cooking animation override
After the event, you'll get two more requests from the leader of the imps, each awarding you with a medium lamp. You can continue to train in the factory, too.
Be sure to collect your rewards by the 13th of April, as that's when the Easter event comes to a close.
Guthixian butterflies are back, fluttering throughout Gielinor.
RuneScape members – regular and Ironman alike – can earn hearty amounts of XP in their lowest-levelled skills by catching up to 20 butterflies per day.
Catching butterflies can also restore your run energy, or your prayer, life or summoning points. It can also give slight bonuses to your prayer, life or summoning point totals.
If you haven't already, you can also unlock memories of Guthix, and find out all about the slain god's origins.
Have a very happy holiday season, and let us know what you think on the forums.
The RuneScape 'Dukes' Team
In Other News
- Google Chrome will soon no longer support Java. As such, it will no longer be possible to play RuneScape through it. To ensure seamless play, we recommend that Chrome users download the RuneScape Game Client now. Click here for more information.
- The Community Team are running an in-game competition to see who can collect the most jadinko eggs during the Easter Eggs-periments content:
- Every time a player collects an egg as part of the event, it'll be automatically counted in their score. No need to formally sign up to enter, or to hold onto the eggs - you can use them as normal.
- When the event ends on the 13th of April, the top 100 egg collectors will be awarded a new title: the Egg-cellent.
Read the patch notes for other updates released today.