Demon Flash Mobs[help] are brimstone-fresh today, with improved rewards and balancing. With aggressive combat familiars, demonic titles and much more up for grabs, it well worth your while to answer the flash mob call to arms.
Read on to find out more!
First up, we've made battling the demon bosses a less punishing prospect. They’re no pushovers, and you’ll still need to team up to take them out, but the risks should now be more in line with the rewards:
- Flash mob bosses' health and defence have been reduced.
- Stuns applied by bosses' attacks now last only a third as long.
- Healing applied to the bosses has been halved.
- Bleed effects inflicted by demon flash mobs can now be cleared with the Freedom ability.
- Bosses no longer cause bonus prayer damage against players using the Protect Item prayer.
Note that demon flash mobs now spawn every two hours, rather than hourly.
There are dark delights aplenty on offer for those who take down a flash mob boss, including a number of new additions:
- Aggressive Combat Familiars: loot a demon claw[help] from the boss and – with 82 Summoning - make a brawler[help], executioner[help] or deacon[help] demon summoning pouch. These beasts are aggressive, so as long as you’re in combat, they’ll continually attack enemies of the type you’re currently engaged with – even if you’re not actively fighting yourself. They also have an AoE special attack[help].
- Demonic Titles: get the infernal honorific you deserve with title scrolls, obtained as drops from flash mob bosses. There are 14 titles to collect in all[help].
Finally, we've ensured that a boss always yields enough loot for at least five players. If fewer than five players contribute to a boss's downfall, the excess loot will be divided among them.
Have fun taking down some fiery foes and reaping some rich rewards. Let us know what you think over on the forums.
- Mod Deg and the RuneScape Team
In Other News
- Four new sets of wings are in stock now in Solomon's Store.
- Players can now quickly change worlds from in-game by opening the options menu (by pressing Esc) and selecting "Hop worlds", thanks to our dedicatedly deadly Ninja Team.
Read the patch notes for other updates released today.