We're pleased to announce the beginning of the Chronicle: RuneScape Legends Closed Beta – the first chapter in the story of our new strategy card game.
If you've already signed up and received your key, simply follow the instructions in the email to download the client and play. We'll see you in-game!
How to Take Part
Please note that the beta is currently available for Windows PCs only.
Participation requires a beta key. The first batch of beta keys has been sent out to players have already signed up - so be sure to check your inbox thoroughly if you haven't spotted it.
Further keys will be released on a regular basis throughout the Closed Beta, so sign up via the Chronicle website to be included in a future batch.
After you have received your beta key, you will be asked to make an account, which you can use to start playing the test build.
In Chronicle: RuneScape Legends, you'll take Gielinor's greatest heroes and send them on epic quests through the land's most iconic locations.
In a unique twist on the strategy card game genre, you'll guide your chosen Legend through quest chapters, culminating in a final showdown with your opponent.
Think tactically and deploy your devious deck of cards along the way. Each card unleashes a host of different effects to buff you and damage your opponent.
Play, Discuss, Give Feedback
Follow instructions in the game client to give your feedback and discuss your impressions with other players. Your feedback is a crucial part of making Chronicle the very best it can be.
Closed Beta Features
- 4 Legends - Ariane, The Raptor, Linza and Ozan.
- 4 game modes – PvE Practice Mode, Casual and Ranked Battles with matchmaking, and Direct Challenges between friends.
- Over 270 unique cards.
- Card Packs – win games and earn new packs of cards to bolster your deck builds.
- Crafting System – explore the game's crafting system that allows you to create any card within the game (providing you've earned the right materials, of course).
- 6 Locations - The Dominion Tower, Amascut Ruins, Jaldroacht Pyramid, Lumbridge Fields, The Grand Exchange and The Wizards' Tower.
- Much more – further features are set to be added during the closed beta, so keep an eye on the Chronicle blog for more details.
Please note – during the course of the closed beta, there will be at least one wipe of the progress that you make in game. We'll endeavour to do this only when necessary, and will give as much warning as possible before doing so.
Also, as this is a beta, card and other gameplay balance can - and will - change.
Remember – further beta keys will be made available. To grab one, register your interest now.
See you in-game!
The RuneScape Team