RuneScape has had a fantastic summer with a resurgence in players and tons of great content with more still to come – so what better way to celebrate than a raffle for some awesome limited edition items?! We’ve made sure that this September as summer fades away and real life steals your time away from gaming even the busiest players can get a kick out of RuneScape with Balthazar’s Big Raffle! It’ll take just minutes each day to be in with a chance of winning limited edition gold coloured godswords and warpriest armour, deathtouch darts, remote banking, silverhawk boots and feathers, skill outfit pieces and even 100 million gold pieces!
Starting after the game update on September 1st, Balthazar can be found near the Burthorpe Lodestone offering entry into daily raffle. He’s venturing out from his Big Top Bonanza to offer a set number of limited edition items each day throughout the month. To be in with a chance of winning one of these prizes, you need to give him a raffle ticket – the more tickets you give him, the more chances you have to win. Every RuneScape member can get up to 2 tickets per day; one from simply talking to Balthazar and another from a JMod in game at a meet-up event or completing a daily challenge. Check back in with Balthazar the next day (after reset at GMT 00:00) to see if you’ve won a prize from previous days. Even if you don’t get the main item, you’ll still get a consolation prize of an XP Lamp.
There’s a different prize each day of the week, and a fixed number of each to be won in total:
- Mondays - 100 Million Gold Coins x 100
- Tuesdays - Golden Godsword (1 in 4 chance of each sword) x 2500
- Wednesdays - Golden Warpriest Armour set (1 in 4 chance of each) x 5,000
- Thursdays - 3 Death Touch Darts x 20,000
- Fridays - Remote Bank Deposit Box (1hr Duration) x 40,000
- Saturdays - Silverhawk Boots (or 250 silverhawk feathers if owned) x 10,000
- Sundays – Skilling Outfit Piece (or 500,000gp if all owned) x 50,000
It’s your choice whether you enter a raffle each day or save up your tickets to increase your chances. You can find out how many tickets have been entered so far into that day’s raffle by asking Balthazar.
Each day throughout the month Jagex Mods will be in game to dish out another ticket. You can find us on Worlds 98 and 124 in the Lumbridge Crater at 4am, 10am, 3pm and 8pm GMT. JMods will be jumping into game at other times too, so follow us on Twitter to find out about more unscheduled raffle ticket giveaways:
JMods on Twitter[help]
If you need more information about the Raffle, check out the FAQ in the official forum thread.
With a new Grouping System, the opening of the Elf City, Rune Goldberg D&D, group skill capes and now Balthazar’s Big Raffle, September is going to be a month to remember in RuneScape!
UPDATE: 1st September
We’ve had a bunch of feedback regarding the Raffle and will be making some last minute adjustments. The largest concern was the quantity of prizes in the raffle and their potential impact on the game economy. While our research and balancing gives us confidence the prize quantities won’t have a long-term negative impact, I appreciate the overall concern and understand that players want us to be more conservative with the prize balancing.
The following changes have been made:
- All prize quantities have been be halved (gold down from 200 to 100, godswords down from 5,000 to 2,500, etc)
- The Golden Godswords and Golden Warpriest armour will not be protect-on-death (i.e. they’ll behave the same as their regular versions)
- We’ve added an alternative for players to get a 2nd raffle ticket by completing a daily challenge if they cannot meet a JMod
- Familiars will be blocked from the Lumbridge Crater, as they are at some banks and the Grand Exchange.
- We will be adding an extra JMod ticket session US Eastern players to attend early evening – this will be midnight BST / 7pm EDT
We hope this will address most of the issues raised so far.
Mod Pips, Mod Drew and the RuneScape team