Unicorns wander around grassy or lightly forested areas in RuneScape. On members servers, unicorns drop unicorn horns, which are used in the Herblore skill to make Sanfew serum and antipoison potions. They also drop the unicorn bone used in Rag and Bone Man. Being fairly low level, they are ideal for average-levelled members to obtain gold.
In the quest Fur 'n Seek, its hide must be collected and cleaned for the Odd Old Man.
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These items are dropped alongside main drops.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 7 December 2010 (Update):
- Unicorns now stand on hills correctly.
- patch 20 October 2009 (Update):
- Unicorns and cows tilted excessively on slopes.
- The examine text states one of the few mentions of horses, along with the Unicorn stallion and the Unicorn foal.
- Prior to the Evolution of Combat, unicorns attacked with Melee.
- Prior to the Battle of Lumbridge, there was a unicorn spawn by the southwest mine. This has since been removed.