Unfinished smithing item
|Unfinished smithing item|
|Release||7 January 2019 (Update)|
|Stacks in bank||No|
|Destroy||Your item will be destroyed permanently and it may not be reclaimable.|
|On death||Always lost|
|An unfinished item.|
Heat: X/Y (Z%)
Progress: X/Y (Z%)
XP remaining: X/Y (Z%)
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
An unfinished smithing item is an item used in Smithing. When a Smithing project is begun, the bars and other items are consumed to create an unfinished smithing item, which is added to your inventory. This is what is worked on at an anvil to complete the project. Upon completion, it is replaced with the new/upgraded/repaired item.
Hovering over, or examining, the object will list what item is being made, how much heat it currently contains, how much progress has been made on it, and how much experience is remaining in the project. The hover information will update in real time as it is worked on.
If an unfinished smithing item is in your inventory, clicking on the forge or anvil will heat it or continue smithing it respectively. Additional unfinished items can be made via a right-click on the forge or anvil to open the smithing interface. If multiple unfinished smithing items are carried, the one that is first in the inventory will be worked on (which will switch in real time if the positions are swapped). When an unfinished item is completed, the next unfinished item in the inventory will be worked on, until all unfinished items are completed.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 9 September 2019 (Update):
- Players can no longer work on members smithing objects in free to play worlds.
- update 10 June 2019 (Update):
- You can now have multiple unfinished items at once, without banking.
- Once you finish an item, you start working on an other unfinished item straight away.
- The amount of progress gained per swing when smithing on various heat levels has been improved.
- patch 28 May 2019 (Update):
- Fixed an issue that could have disconnected a player when beginning a new unfinished smithing item.
- patch 18 March 2019 (Update):
- Attempting to cast an alchemy spell on an unfinished smithing item will now return the correct message rather than the prior message which was inaccurate.
- patch 18 February 2019 (Update):
- In-progress Smithing items can now be used on forges to heat them up instead of displaying the "nothing interesting happens" message.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Prior to the update of 10 June 2019, multiple unfinished items could only be obtained by banking the unfinished item then making another at the forge/anvil, then repeating. The mechanics of smithing with multiple unfinished items were largely the same as after the update, though smithing would stop when any one item was completed - after the update, smithing continues until all unfinished items are completed.