Unfinished potions are created using the Herblore skill. They are the first step of producing potions, except for potions brewed with coconut milk. They are created by combining primary ingredients with vials of water, and form the basis for turning secondary ingredients into potions.
List of unfinished potions[edit | edit source]
Unfinished potions are on the left, followed by the required level for production. Secondary ingredients that may be added to the unfinished potion are in the "Ingredients" column. Possible results are in the "Products" column, respective to the order of the ingredients in the prior column. (Each unfinished potion can only combine with one secondary ingredient.)
The following potions are made within the dungeons of Daemonheim. They can only be made on floors that have a complexity of 5 or higher.
The following minigame-related potions are made with a juju vial of water.
- ^ Can only be used on the vine blossom plant at Herblore Habitat.
The following potions are made using coconut milk instead of vials of water.
The following potions are made by using an already finished potion as a base and combining additional ingredients to create a new finished product.
The following quest-related potions are made with mountain water:
The following quest-related potions are made with Diamond dust potion:
Cost/benefit of producing versus selling[edit | edit source]
Unfinished potions tend to sell well on the Grand Exchange, since creating them provides only 1 experience a piece and purchasing them saves time to maximise experience gain.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 26 October 2020 (Update):
- Unfinished potions that can be finished into multiple other potions will now default to the last mixed potion.
- patch 8 May 2018 (Update):
- Unfinished potions now have "Mix" on left click when held in your inventory when you have both components in your inventory.
- patch 9 November 2010 (Update):
- Adding herbs to vials now uses a new animation.
- update 10 September 2007 (Update):
- Added to game.
- With this update you will no longer have to wonder what potion is within your vial. The Herbalist has examined them all carefully and labelled them up for you. He's also added a new naming convention to these potions - (unf) - which stands for 'unfinished', so you can tell their status at a glance.