|Ultra-growth potion (1)|
|Release||27 January 2014 (Update)|
|One dose of Malignius Mortifer's Super-Ultra-Flora-Growth potion.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
An ultra-growth potion or Malignius Mortifer's Super-Ultra-Flora-Growth potion is a potion dropped by the Giant mole in hard mode. It can be used on healthy wood and fruit (including calquat) trees to skip their growth ahead 2 stages. This can be done only once per tree; using multiple ultra-growth potions will have no effect.
The potion has no effect on spirit, elder and money trees. Attempting to use it on a spirit or elder tree will display a message reading "The potion isn't entirely safe. You don't want to risk it reacting with the magic of the spirit/elder tree." Attempting to use it on a money tree will display a message reading "You cannot accelerate the growth of the money tree. Time is money, friend."
A single dose of it can be obtained as a drop from the Giant mole in hard mode, and up to four doses of it can be combined into a single vial. However, it cannot be combined into a flask.
It was created by Malignus Mortifer, a necromancer currently living near the roads south of Falador. The potion was purchased by Wyson the gardener to make the plants in Falador Park sizable enough to resist destruction by the moles living there. However, as a side effect, one of the moles grew hugely in size after eating plants protected by the solution, resulting in its dubbing as the "giant mole".
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
Ultra-growth potion (1)[edit | edit source]
|Giant mole Hard Mode||230||1||30/520[dr 1]|
- ^ There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 7 September 2020 (Update):
- Added messaging for attempting to use Ultra-growth potion on a wider variety of invalid Farming patches.
- The Tree Gnome Stronghold fruit tree patch will no longer progress to the wrong state when using an Ultra-growth potion on it.
- patch 24 February 2020 (Update):
- patch 2 November 2015 (Update):
- Completing the growth cycle of a calquat with an ultra-growth potion now correctly moves it to the 'check health' state, instead of skipping to 'checked' with max fruit.
- patch 19 October 2015 (Update):
- Using a potion flask on ultra-growth potions no longer causes disconnection.
- patch 12 January 2015 (Update):
- Ultra growth potions now correctly set fruit tree patches to their "check health" state.
- patch 13 October 2014 (Update):
- Super-ultra-flora-growth potion will now work on the Trahaearn tree patch in Prifddinas.
- patch 17 February 2014 (Update):
- Ultra-growth potions now drop from the giant mole correctly when in a LootShare group.