|Ultra-growth potion (1)|
|Release||27 January 2014 (Update)|
|One dose of Malignius Mortifer's Super-Ultra-Flora-Growth potion.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
An ultra-growth potion or Malignius Mortifer's Super-Ultra-Flora-Growth potion is a potion dropped by the Giant mole in hard mode. It can be used on healthy wood and fruit (including calquat) trees to skip their growth ahead 2 stages. This can be done only once per tree; using multiple ultra-growth potions will have no effect.
The potion has no effect on spirit and elder trees. Attempting to use it on one will make it display a message reading "The potion isn't entirely safe. You don't want to risk it reacting with the magic of the spirit/elder tree."
A single dose of it can be obtained as a drop from the Giant mole in hard mode, and up to four doses of it can be combined into a single vial. However, it cannot be combined into a flask.
It was created by Malignus Mortifer, a necromancer currently living near the roads south of Falador. The potion was purchased by Wyson the gardener to make the plants in Falador Park sizable enough to resist destruction by the moles living there. However, as a side effect, one of the moles grew hugely in size after eating plants protected by the solution, resulting in its dubbing as the "giant mole".
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
Ultra-growth potion (1)[edit | edit source]
|Giant mole Hard Mode||230||1||30/520[dr 1]||N/A|
- ^ There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 2 November 2015 (Update):
- Completing the growth cycle of a calquat with an ultra-growth potion now correctly moves it to the 'check health' state, instead of skipping to 'checked' with max fruit.
- patch 19 October 2015 (Update):
- Using a potion flask on ultra-growth potions no longer causes disconnection.
- patch 12 January 2015 (Update):
- Ultra growth potions now correctly set fruit tree patches to their "check health" state.