Strategies for Twin Furies
Recommended levels and equipment[edit | edit source]
Styles[edit | edit source]
- Melee - Melee is highly recommended as the Furies possess simply low defence and make use of numerous easy-to-use AoE abilities. Though the Furies are two separate NPCs, they still share the same health pool, meaning that any AoE attack can essentially deal double damage when both are caught in range. Melee also allows for the player to quickly pursue Nymora when she performs her ceiling collapse ability with a simple Barge or Bladed Dive. The Twin Furies are not affected by Darklight and Demon Slayer perk and sigil effects. 
- Ranged - The use of Corruption shot, Bombardment, and Ricochet should be prioritised as they will damage both sisters. Try not to use Death's Swiftness right before the ceiling collapse as you may have to move out of the cloud to stand under Nymora. Similar to meleeing, it is recommended to save your ultimates for the channelled bomb attack when you will deal twice as much damage.
- Magic - Mages should prioritise Corruption Blast, Chain, Dragon Breath, and Detonate to damage both sisters for extra damage. Try not to use Sunshine right before the ceiling collapse as you may have to move out of the beam to stand under Nymora. Save your ultimates for the channelled bomb attack as you deal twice as much damage.
Overview[edit | edit source]
The Twin Furies, Avaryss, the Unceasing and Nymora, the Vengeful are Zamorak's generals, located in the north-western corner of The Heart. Nymora is the red demon, who uses ranged attacks, while Avaryss is the blue demon, who uses melee. Their max hits are considerably lower compared to the other generals but they make up for this with a faster attack speed of 3 (one attack every 1.8 seconds), increasing their overall damage output.
The Twin Furies possess individual health bars indicating that they have 250,000 health each. However, they actually share a health pool of 200,000. Once 200,000 damage has been dealt, both Furies automatically die regardless of how much health they actually have left.
Nymora is susceptible to the effects of the terrasaur maul, while Avaryss is susceptible to the effects of the inquisitor staff. However, such weapons are unnecessary for the fight given the short duration of the encounter and mechanics, generally making it unreliable to focus on one Fury for the entire fight.
Attacks[edit | edit source]
Avaryss and Nymora will throw blades at the player if they are out of melee-distance, dealing ranged damage, or swing their wings and strike the player if they are in melee distance, dealing melee damage.
- Pray Soul Split
Avaryss will jump to the wall of the arena and yell out one of the quotes below before charging towards the player. Players who get caught in the charge are knocked across the wall into the corner of the arena and be dealt with up to 2,000 melee damage. Avaryss always follows the set pattern of charging from north to south, west to east, south to north and finally east to west.
You can only attack Nymora during this attack.
Nymora will stand in one tile out a of the 4x4 area, saying. After a few seconds she will fly up and become unattackable while she attacks the ceiling. Stalactites will fall down from the ceiling and deal ranged damage of up to 1,000 every three ticks. This can be avoided by simply staying under Nymora as the stalactites will not fall down onto her location.
Once you have evaded the attack start attacking Avaryss until Nymora drops down and then resume use of AoE abilities.
Avaryss and Nymora will fly to the centre of the room, sayingand . A ring of fire will also appear around the edge of the arena, dealing up to 2,500 damage every few ticks that you are standing in it.
The Furies will channel energy together to form a bomb that sends out fire bolts, dealing up to 350 damage per tick while charging. While they are charging the bomb, the Furies will not attack the player and take twice as much damage from all attacks. When the orange bars above the Furies' heads are completely depleted the bomb will detonate and deal up to 4,500 soft typeless damage to every player in its radius. A few seconds prior to the bomb detonating, the ring of fire around the edges of the arena will disappear; the radius affected by the bomb detonation is the area that was previously not covered by the fire.
- Pray Soul Split
- Prepare for this by building up to 100% adrenaline during the previous auto-attacks
- The moment they start this attack, use Death's Swiftness, Sunshine or Berserk and DPS them down fast enough to kill them and prevent the bomb
- Use Surge, Escape or Bladed Dive to flee to the edge of the arena right as the ring of fire disappears in order to avoid the explosion
- If you cannot make it in time, eat up to sufficient health to tank the 4,500 damage
|Burn Phase||Several auto-attacks |
Hard mode[edit | edit source]
As with all other challenge mode generals, the Twin Furies' health is increased to 300,000 and their strength is further increased.
The following abilities are modified:
- Avaryss' Surge deals roughly twice as much damage and disables protection prayers for 3 seconds if you are hit. If you damage Avaryss while she is performing the attack she will also reflect part of the damage back onto you.
- Burn Phase deals twice as much damage as it normally would.
In addition the Furies acquire the following abilities:
- Lava Bomb - Each time any of the special attacks are used a Lava Bomb will also be launched into the arena. The Lava Bomb randomly bounces all over the arena with green arrows indicating the impact point. If the player is in a 5x5 square grid of this attack when it lands then they will take around 4,000 hard typeless damage. Each Lava Bomb bounces six times before disappearing. Halfway through the first Lava Bomb, a second one will appear.
- Blue Lava Bomb - After the Burn Phase attack the Twin Furies use a new special attack in which a Blue Lava Bomb is launched into the arena. Unlike the normal Lava Bombs, this Blue Bomb does not damage the player if they are caught in its impact zone. The impact zone is the same size as the one for the regular Lava Bomb attack. The Blue Bomb bounces three times. If the player is hit by it before it has bounced three times then it will reflect onto both Furies, dealing 6,000-6,500 magic damage to each of them. If the player does not reflect the Blue Bomb in time then it will home in on the player and deal the same amount of damage to the player as hard typeless damage.
Players should follow the same strategy as in normal mode, with a mix of both dual-wielded and two-handed weapons. A Berserk start with dual-wielded weapons is highly recommended at the start of the fight against Nymora, while the player dodges Lava Bombs and Avaryss' Surges. After the wall charge attacks, switch to a two-handed weapon and use all AoE abilities available before switching to dual-wield against Avaryss during the Rain Death attack.
Reprisal is very useful if the Burn Phase aims a Lava Bomb around the player's position and they are not willing to dodge it. Otherwise, the Lava Bombs should be avoided to prevent unnecessary eating.
After this attack, lure Avaryss to the centre and simply focus on her for the remainder of the encounter. If available a Zaros godsword's special attack can be used for additional damage, and it should be used after Avaryss performs two auto-attacks after the Rain Death attack. Use all AoE abilities available when the Burn Phase initiates; the encounter should end before this attack concludes.
If the Twin Furies still have fairly high health after this attack, players should return to dual-wielding and focus on the Blue Lava Bomb. Due to its unpredictable bounce players may choose to focus on running after it; alternatively, players can switch to a dual-wielding setup and use Bladed Dive to place themselves in the Blue Bomb's impact zone. This can be further improved by wearing laceration boots so that the player does not need to switch to a dual-wielding setup to use Bladed Dive to intercept the Blue Bomb. The Blue Bomb will deal significant damage to the Twin Furies and prevent the player from taking a large hit themselves. A few auto-attacks after the Blue Bomb has either damaged the Twin Furies or the player they will restart their attack rotation.