The Twin Furies are the generals of Zamorak's army in the Heart of Gielinor. The pair consists of Nymora, the Vengeful and Avaryss, the Unceasing. They originally had a third sister, but she was devoured by Gregorovic and now Avaryss and Nymora seek revenge, while also hunting down Vindicta under Zamorak's orders. In order to fight the Twin Furies there is a boostable requirement of level 80 Ranged.
Due to fighting in the Heart, the Twin Furies were unable to fulfill their primary task of dealing with oathbreakers. As a result, Nymora sent Miithrius and Zymthara to Daemonheim. The two demons would work with adventurers in claiming the emblems held by traitorous demons for a short time before they were recalled for other tasks.
Obtaining all of the Twin Furies unique drops will unlock the title, [Name] the Lone Fury.
Drops[edit | edit source]
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- Burn, Fury, Burn ( 40) – Defeat the Twin Furies without dealing damage during their channeled bomb attack.
- Bring It All Back ( 40) – Defeat the Twin Furies using fury blades.
- Heart to Heart ( 0) – Obtained a collection of unique drops from the Twin Furies.
- Fast and Furious
- Fast and Furious I ( 5) – Defeat Avaryss and Nymora. (X/5)
- Fast and Furious II ( 5) – Defeat Avaryss and Nymora. (X/10)
- Fast and Furious III ( 5) – Defeat Avaryss and Nymora. (X/25)
- Fast and Furious IV ( 5) – Defeat Avaryss and Nymora. (X/50)
- Fast and Furious V ( 5) – Defeat Avaryss and Nymora. (X/75)
- Fast and Furious VI ( 5) – Defeat Avaryss and Nymora. (X/100)
- More Fast More Furious
- More Fast More Furious I ( 5) – Defeat Avaryss and Nymora in challenge mode. (X/5)
- More Fast More Furious II ( 5) – Defeat Avaryss and Nymora in challenge mode. (X/10)
- More Fast More Furious III ( 5) – Defeat Avaryss and Nymora in challenge mode. (X/25)
- More Fast More Furious IV ( 5) – Defeat Avaryss and Nymora in challenge mode. (X/50)
- More Fast More Furious V ( 5) – Defeat Avaryss and Nymora in challenge mode. (X/75)
- More Fast More Furious VI ( 5) – Defeat Avaryss and Nymora in challenge mode. (X/100)
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 6 July 2020 (Update):
- The Twin Furies no longer display their health value on their individual health bars.
- patch 2 March 2020 (Update):.
- Fixed an edge-case that allowed the Twin Furies to be killed very quickly.
- patch 20 May 2019 (Update):.
- Both God Wars Dungeon 2 and Elite Dungeon bosses now award more Reaper points and Slayer XP when killed in challenge/hard mode.
- patch 14 January 2019 (Update):
- If a player was killed by the mushrooms in a Helwyr fight, this would not be recognised as a death at Helwyr. This has now been resolved, along with a similar issue affecting the Twin Furies.
- patch 20 August 2018 (Update):
- Quick-traversing on the barrier to the Twin Furies encounter now checks for Zamorak kill count rather than Zaros.
- patch 11 April 2016 (Update):
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Twin Furies' name may be a reference to the Furies (Erinyes) of Greek mythology, whose origin story is articulated within Hesiod's Theogony. The Furies (of which there are canonically recognised to be three) emerged from an act of violence between two divine family members, taking the form of chthonic deities of vengeance - both against those who harm family members and also those who have sworn a false oath. This theme is closely reiterated in the story of Avaryss, the Unceasing and Nymora, the Vengeful, who seek vengeance upon Gregorovic and the other generals located within the Heart of Gielinor.
- As of 1 February 2018, the highest kill count for this boss was 14,949 kills for normal mode and 2,018 for hard mode. At this time, this was the record for the most-killed hard mode bosses in the Heart of Gielinor.
- Despite possessing a total life points pool of 200,000 (the same as the other generals apart from Telos), both furies have an individual life point pool of 250,000 in normal mode, or 350,000 in challenge mode.[source needed]
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Mod Shauny. Top 10 killers per Boss. Reddit. 2 February 2018. (Archived from the original on 25 January 2019.) Mod Shauny: "Here are the top 10 kills for each Boss in RuneScape, be aware that we've not listed display names for privacy purposes however if you wish to brag about one number being yours then we won't stop you!"
- ^ Mod Shauny. Top 20 Boss Killers by Monster (Data: 13th December 2018). Reddit. 8 January 2019. (Archived from the original on 28 February 2020.) Mod Shauny: "[link to a spreadsheet]"