The Twin Furies are the generals of Zamorak's army in the Heart of Gielinor. The pair consists of Nymora, the Vengeful and Avaryss, the Unceasing. Level 80 Ranged is required to face them, but this can be boosted.
Obtaining all of the Twin Furies unique drops will unlock the title, [Name] the Lone Fury.
History[edit | edit source]
Early History[edit | edit source]
The Twin Furies were actually triplets, consisting of Nymora, Avaryss and an unknown fury. The three sisters shared a special bond with each other and got along well, serving in Zamorak's army for thousands of years.
During Zamorak's uprising against Zaros, he requested two of the five remaining Dragon Riders to serve him. Morvannon and Apropos agreed to side with Zamorak, but the other three, Hannibus, Ablenkian and Balustan did not, the latter two siding with Zaros. Hannibus forced both sides to wait first, and due to this, none of the Dragon Riders were present during the uprising. Zamorak took note of this and proceeded to label Morvannon and Apropos as oathbreakers, tasking his followers with their elimination. The Furies, with the assistance of their hellhounds, hunted Morvannon down and killed her. They did not bother searching Morvannon's corpse for an egg, having believed that the Ilujanka were infertile.
Around the Fourth Age, the unnamed fury ran into Gregorovic, who proceeded to kill and devour her. Nymora and Avaryss were enraged and vowed to kill Gregorovic in revenge, but when it was known that Morvannon had possibly carried an egg on her, Zamorak ordered them to resume the hunt for her child, only permitting them to hunt Gregorovic down when the child, if it existed, was killed.
The Heart[edit | edit source]
When the Heart was discovered, Zamorak sent the Twin Furies to claim the pool of anima in his name. The Twin Furies ran into Vindicta and Gregorovic, along with Helwyr. Although Helwyr had no interaction with them, the Furies declared war on the other factions, calling upon the Kinshra and their demonic subordinates into battle.
Due to fighting in the Heart, the Twin Furies were unable to fulfil their primary task of dealing with oathbreakers. As a result, Nymora sent Miithrius and Zymthara to Daemonheim. The two demons would work with adventurers in claiming the emblems held by traitorous demons for a short time before they were recalled for other tasks.
Although not seen during the quest, the Furies eventually withdrew from the Heart.
Heading to Senntisten[edit | edit source]
To stop the Elder Gods from hatching their eggs and beginning The Great Revision, Azzanadra requested that Zamorak come to assist in draining the eggs of shadow anima. The World Guardian met with Zamorak at his headquarters; he was already aware of the plan and agreed to join. Knowing that he would be fighting ancient and powerful enemies, Zamorak ordered the Twin Furies to head to the ruins of Senntisten. They would be some of the last allies to arrive into the already hectic battle.
Drops[edit | edit source]
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- Burn, Fury, Burn ( 40) – Defeat the Twin Furies without dealing damage during their channeled[sic] bomb attack. Can only be completed in a solo instance.
- Bring It All Back ( 40) – Defeat the Twin Furies using fury blades. Can only be completed in a solo instance.
- Heart to Heart ( 0) – Obtained a collection of unique drops from the Twin Furies.
- Fast and Furious
- Fast and Furious I ( 5) – Defeat Avaryss and Nymora. (X/5)
- Fast and Furious II ( 5) – Defeat Avaryss and Nymora. (X/10)
- Fast and Furious III ( 5) – Defeat Avaryss and Nymora. (X/25)
- Fast and Furious IV ( 5) – Defeat Avaryss and Nymora. (X/50)
- Fast and Furious V ( 5) – Defeat Avaryss and Nymora. (X/75)
- Fast and Furious VI ( 5) – Defeat Avaryss and Nymora. (X/100)
- More Fast More Furious
- More Fast More Furious I ( 5) – Defeat Avaryss and Nymora in hard mode. (X/5)
- More Fast More Furious II ( 5) – Defeat Avaryss and Nymora in hard mode. (X/10)
- More Fast More Furious III ( 5) – Defeat Avaryss and Nymora in hard mode. (X/25)
- More Fast More Furious IV ( 5) – Defeat Avaryss and Nymora in hard mode. (X/50)
- More Fast More Furious V ( 5) – Defeat Avaryss and Nymora in hard mode. (X/75)
- More Fast More Furious VI ( 5) – Defeat Avaryss and Nymora in hard mode. (X/100)
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 6 July 2020 (Update):
- The Twin Furies no longer display their health value on their individual health bars.
- patch 2 March 2020 (Update):.
- Fixed an edge-case that allowed the Twin Furies to be killed very quickly.
- patch 20 May 2019 (Update):.
- patch 14 January 2019 (Update):
- If a player was killed by the mushrooms in a Helwyr fight, this would not be recognised as a death at Helwyr. This has now been resolved, along with a similar issue affecting the Twin Furies.
- patch 20 August 2018 (Update):
- Quick-traversing on the barrier to the Twin Furies encounter now checks for Zamorak kill count rather than Zaros.
- patch 11 April 2016 (Update):
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Twin Furies' name may be a reference to the Furies (Erinyes) of Greek mythology, whose origin story is articulated within Hesiod's Theogony. The Furies (of which there are canonically recognised to be three) emerged from an act of violence between two divine family members, taking the form of chthonic deities of vengeance - both against those who harm family members and also those who have sworn a false oath. This theme is closely reiterated in the story of Avaryss, the Unceasing and Nymora, the Vengeful, who seek vengeance upon Gregorovic and the other generals located within the Heart of Gielinor.
- As of 1 February 2018, the highest kill count for this boss was 14,949 kills for normal mode and 2,018 for hard mode. At this time, this was the record for the most-killed hard mode bosses in the Heart of Gielinor.
- Despite possessing a total life points pool of 200,000 (the same as the other generals apart from Telos), both furies have an individual life point pool of 250,000 in normal mode, or 350,000 in challenge mode.[source needed]
- They are currently the only original generals of the Heart that haven't made an appearance in a quest yet.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Mod Shauny. Top 10 killers per Boss. Reddit. 2 February 2018. (Archived from the original on 25 January 2019.) Mod Shauny: "Here are the top 10 kills for each Boss in RuneScape, be aware that we've not listed display names for privacy purposes however if you wish to brag about one number being yours then we won't stop you!"
- ^ Mod Shauny. Top 20 Boss Killers by Monster (Data: 13th December 2018). Reddit. 8 January 2019. (Archived from the original on 28 February 2020.) Mod Shauny: "[link to a spreadsheet]"