|Release date||3 December 2009 (Update)|
|Drain rate||300 points per minute (1 point per 0.2 seconds)|
|Effect||+10 levels (for accuracy)|
+10 levels (for armour)
Drains enemy -6 to -10 levels (for accuracy)
-6 to -10 enemy levels (for armour)
-9% to -15% enemy damage (PvM)
-6% to -10% enemy damage (PvP)
|Infobox • Talk page|
Turmoil is an Ancient Curse that, just as Anguish and Torment, requires level 95 Prayer to activate. It can boost the user's Attack, Defence, and melee damage significantly while simultaneously draining the opponent's. It is the second strongest melee-boosting curse, surpassed only by Malevolence.
Effects[edit | edit source]
Turmoil adds 10 levels to the user's Attack when calculating hit chance and Defence when calculating block chance, and boosts melee damage by 10%. It also drains opponents' Attack when calculating hit chance and Defence when calculating block chance by 6 to 10 levels, and drains their melee damage by 9% to 15% (6% to 10% in PvP). The boosts to the user are constant, but like leech curses, the draining of opponents must strengthen over time.
A player will gain the same melee and defence bonuses regardless of an enemy's class, but Turmoil cannot lower its damage or accuracy if it does not use melee. Note that most high-level bosses cannot be drained by Turmoil or any ancient curse.
Sap and leech curses cannot be used alongside Turmoil.
Turmoil and Piety[edit | edit source]
Turmoil is often compared to the prayer Piety, which is the strongest melee prayer on the standard prayerbook. Piety requires 70 Prayer, 70 Defence, and completion of the Knight Waves Training Grounds; Turmoil requires 95 Prayer and completion of The Temple at Senntisten.
If comparing stat increases, Turmoil is not much stronger than Piety and drains prayer 50% faster, yet Piety lacks the ability to drain enemy stats while Turmoil can drain them strongly. Also, the healing curse Soul Split can be used on the Ancient Curses with 92 Prayer and provides another incentive to use the book.
See also[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 18 April 2017 (Update):
- patch 20 April 2015 (Update):
- The accuracy and defence debuffs of Sap, Leech, Turmoil, Anguish and Torment have been made stronger.
- patch 15 December 2014 (Update):
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Switching from the Ancient Curses to regular prayers at the White Knights' Castle altar while Turmoil is active is an elite Falador task.
- The only NPCs known to use Turmoil are Nex, the leader of Zaros' forces in the God Wars Dungeon, and Kal'Ger the Warmonger, a Dungeoneering boss. The latter does not use the prayer himself; rather, he copies the prayer when players use it.
- According to the ancient hymnal, Turmoil's verbal incantation is "Vim inimici mihi bono inclina." (Turn the power of my enemy to my benefit.)