Turkeys were part of the 2008 Thanksgiving event. They were found all over RuneScape. They can also be spawned by Jagex Moderators by using the Rotten potato.
After killing several of these, players received Give Thanks emote along with a Cornucopia. The emote itself was given as a sort of "drop", i.e. received on the first kill, or after a hundred — it was entirely random. They were also extremely easy to kill.
If players wanted to kill turkeys for their meat, bones, or just plain fun, there were only four places that seemed to constantly spawn turkeys. These were east of the cabbage field near Port Sarim, and can easily be reached the cabbage-port of an Explorer's ring (3). This area is single-combat.
The second area is just east of Gunnarsgrunn and can be accessed easily through a skull sceptre. There used to be a glitched turkey in the barbarian house where the turkey was stuck behind 2 chairs and instantly respawned after death. There was also a glitched turkey in the Edgeville General Store. The third area is north of Falador, near Doric's smithing cabin. Lastly, turkeys were also found in the Grand Exchange, which seemed to be the most popular place to kill turkeys. There was another glitched turkey in Peska's house, the Barbarian who sells helms, near the door. If a turkey was in front of the door, the turkey immediately respawns and the drop appears on top of the shelf. The last glitched area was the Edgeville bank, where the turkey would continue to appear inside, where the bankers were.
- ^ Not an actual item. Only obtained during the 2013 event.
- Guardian of the Realm ( 0) – Obtained a collection of unique drops from Slayer monsters located within Asgarnia & Misthalin.
- Turkeys would instantly respawn, but not always in the same location they were killed in.
- If you got a large group and kill every turkey you see in that area, they will multiply so much that they will roam into other areas and make more turkeys there.
- If you used any object (including raw/cooked turkey meat) on a turkey (disguised) it would say "Gobble gobble, gobble" (I have no use for that).