||20 November 2012 (Update)
||60 seconds (100 ticks)
|Summon forth a destructive wall of water.
- 200%-300% ability damage.
- Damage your primary target and the first 9 targets in a wave in front of you.
- Critical strikes generate 10% extra adrenaline for 30s.
|Infobox • Talk page
Tsunami is an ultimate Magic ability.
When activated, the player creates wave of water that damage all targets in the 3x4 area directly in front of the player for 200% to 300% weapon damage. Additionally, the player gains 10% adrenaline for each critical hit they perform in the next 30 seconds. Critical hits of Tsunami itself count for its effect and grant 10% adrenaline. The adrenaline buff is indicated by a icon. The buff will only be granted if Tsunami deals damage.
Tsunami grants an additional 2% adrenaline if it deals damage to 2 or more targets.
Tsunami has the normal range of a magic ability, however the wave itself has a maximum range of 4, half of a normal magic spell or ability. The player character will not attempt to move closer to use the ability.
Tsunami's adrenaline buff is not magic-specific. Ranged and melee critical hits also generate bonus adrenaline if the player switches to weapons of those styles. Using Incendiary Shot or Meteor Strike, or recasting Tsunami itself where possible, for example during the Kerapac, the bound boss fight with the Time warp ability, refreshes the 30 second buff.
Glacial stacks, which are obtained from casting Incite Fear, a level 98 Ancient Magicks spell, decreases the adrenaline cost for Tsunami by 12% for each stack obtained. These stacks cap at 5, decreasing the cost by 60%, making Tsunami cost 40% adrenaline to use at max stacks. The Conservation of Energy relic power and ring of vigour still restore 10% adrenaline after using Tsunami, further decreasing the expended adrenaline.
The area of Tsunami's effect.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 11 October 2021 (Update):
- The Tsunami ability can now be cast against primary targets more than 4 tiles away, respecting the player's attack range.
- Secondary targets will still be selected in the area in front of the player.
- The ability description has been updated to specify that the primary target will be damaged.
- patch 14 September 2020 (Update):
- The "%" has been removed from the first bonus quantity number in the Tsunami ability description.
- patch 26 November 2018 (Update):
- Now casts in the direction of the player's target rather than in the direction the player is facing.
- This was one of the first abilities shown to the public in the Jagex EoC preview.
- Tsunami used to be a member's ability. However, non-members could use it while demonstrating in the Combat Academy.