||20 November 2012 (Update)
||60 seconds (100 ticks)
|Summon forth a destructive wall of water.
- 200%-300% ability damage.
- Damage the first 9 targets in a wave in front of you.
- Critical strikes generate 10% extra adrenaline for 30s.
|Infobox • Talk page
Tsunami is an ultimate Magic ability. When activated, the player creates wave of water that damage all targets in the 3x4 area directly in front of the player for 200% to 300% weapon damage. Additionally, the player gains 10% adrenaline for each critical hit they perform in the next 30 seconds. Critical hits of Tsunami itself count for its effect and grant 10% adrenaline. The adrenaline buff is indicated by a icon. The buff will only be granted if Tsunami deals damage.
Tsunami grants an additional 2% adrenaline if it deals damage to 2 or more targets.
Tsunami cannot be used if there is no targets within the area, which dictates that it has a maximum range of 4, half of a normal magic spell or ability. The player character will not attempt to move closer to use the ability. However, if attempting to use it against an opponent that they can see but not reach, Tsunami may be triggered but deal no damage, not even to other valid targets within range.
Tsunami's adrenaline buff is not magic-specific. Ranged and melee critical hits also generate bonus adrenaline if the player switches to weapons of those styles. Using Incendiary Shot or Meteor Strike refreshes the 30 second buff.
The area of Tsunami's effect.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 14 September 2020 (Update):
- The "%" has been removed from the first bonus quantity number in the Tsunami ability description.
- patch 26 November 2018 (Update):
- Now casts in the direction of the player's target rather than in the direction the player is facing.
- This was one of the first abilities shown to the public in the Jagex EoC preview.
- Tsunami used to be a member's ability. However, non-members could use it while demonstrating in the combat academy.