|Release date||25 January 2016 (Update)|
|Gizmo type||Weapon, Armour|
|3% chance per rank a slain creature will add zero kills to its Slayer assignment; 2% chance per rank it will add 2 kills.|
|Infobox • Talk page|
Trophy-taker's is an Invention perk that has a chance for each kill on a Slayer assignment to count as either 2 kills or zero. The perk only affects assignments given by Slayer Masters and not normal or Special slayer contracts obtained from Markus outside of the Slayer Tower. It can be created in weapon and armour gizmos.
On average, trophy-taker's works out to be a net increase in assignment length. If however you do fewer kills than assigned you will receive fewer slayer points for completing the task.
|Rank||No KC||Double KC||Avg change|
The chances are increased if the item that this perk is installed on is level 20.
When the perk doubles kill count, it prompts the message "Trophy-taker's perk: this kill has added double to your Slayer task tally." When a kill does not count, it prompts, "Trophy-taker's perk: this kill did not contribute to your Slayer task tally."
Calculation[edit | edit source]
The effect of trophy-taker's on task length can be summarised as follows (where is the rank of the perk):
- Chance of a kill counting 0:
- Chance of a kill counting 2:
- Chance of a kill counting 1 (as normal):
This can be combined to give the gross effect of the perk:
i.e. a 1% per rank task length increase. For example, with rank 5 trophy-taker's, a task of 100 will, on average, have 5 remaining after 100 kills.
However, trophy-taker's will also work on the additional kills generated by the perk - from the example above, the 5 remaining on the task will also get a 5% increase, and so on. This means the net effect calculation is infinite, and best represented as a series:
This converges when , which is true for all of our possible values. If you substitute in the possible rank values (1–5), you will get the results in the above table.
Sources[edit | edit source]
|Material||Rarity||Perk ranks with X materials|
|Standard Gizmo||Ancient Gizmo|
Suggested gizmos[edit | edit source]
|Gizmo layout||Possible perks|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 12 August 2019 (Update):
- Fixed an issue where the Trophy-taker's perk could decrease the number of slayer points a player received from a slayer task.
- ninja 23 April 2019 (Update):
- Messaging for the Trophy-taker's perk activation is now chat filtered.
- patch 20 February 2017 (Update):
- The Trophy-taker's perk no longer works with only 1 kill remaining on a slayer task, to prevent skipping awarding slayer points.
- patch 22 February 2016 (Update):
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Even though the patch notes on 22 February 2016 implied that this perk works with Slayer contracts, this is not the case.