Quick guide for Troll Stronghold
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Overview[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Commander Denulth in Burthorpe.|
|Member requirement||Members only|
|Official length||Short to Medium|
|Requirements||Skill requirements are not boostable unless marked with a [B] for boostable.
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.|
|Enemies to defeat|
Mountain climbing[edit | edit source]
Items needed: 1 free inventory space
- Talk to Commander Denulth in Burthorpe, east of the castle.
- If Denulth tells you that the ambush is still being planned, try asking him about the White Knights first.
- If you don't own climbing boots, buy them from Freda
- Enter Sabbot's cave from Death Plateau.
- Cross all the obstacles to reach the exit of the cavern.
- Exit the cavern, climb the rocks to the immediate west of the exit and follow the path east over the rocks until you reach the Arena.
Dad[edit | edit source]
Items needed: Combat equipment
- Enter the arena and attempt to leave through the northern gate.
- Defeat Dad after he attempts to attack you. Very low level players may need food. Kill him or spare him. (Easy way to kill Dad is to get in the corner where the gate is and safe spot him. As he can't hit you while you are next to the gate. This might take up to 10 mins)
- Exit through the north gate. Follow the path north-west, through the cave and out the other side.
- Once outside, run counter-clockwise around the mountain, past the thrower trolls (not behind them: they are supposed to throw rocks at you automatically) towards the Troll Stronghold. With 47 Agility the cliffside shortcuts may be used to avoid the thrower trolls completely.
- Look for a dungeon on your minimap north east of the Troll Stronghold, and enter the cave entrance.
Prison break[edit | edit source]
Items needed: 3 free inventory spaces
- Run south, go through the open wooden door, then continue north.
- Kill a general and take his key.
- Head back towards the entrance, past the door and go down the stone staircase.
- Open the door to the north, and continue north until you reach the "Prison Door" to the north east, unlock it and head down the stairs.
- Pickpocket (or kill) Twig and Berry. Take their keys.
- Unlock the two jail cells.
- Home teleport to Burthorpe.
- Talk to Dunstan (the blacksmith in north-eastern Burthorpe).
- Quest complete!
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 1 quest point
- Two mysterious lamps that give 10,000 experience in any skill level 30 or above.
- Access to Trollheim and the Troll Stronghold
- Access to God Wars Dungeon with the requirement of 60 Agility or 60 Strength.
- 2 Treasure Hunter keys (Ironman accounts will not receive these)
- Music unlocked
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
Troll Stronghold is directly required for the following quests/miniquests:
It is therefore an indirect requirement for the following quests and miniquests:
- 'Phite Club
- Azzanadra's Quest
- Full completion of Battle of the Monolith (miniquest)
- Birthright of the Dwarves
- Blood Runs Deep
- Children of Mah
- City of Senntisten
- Full completion of Curse of the Black Stone
- Desperate Measures
- Full completion of Desperate Times
- Dimension of Disaster
- Dimension of Disaster: Curse of Arrav
- Dishonour among Thieves
- Do No Evil
- Dream Mentor
- Fate of the Gods
- Full completion of Heart of Stone
- Full completion of Hero's Welcome
- Hopespear's Will
- Kindred Spirits
- King of the Dwarves
- Koschei's Troubles
- Mahjarrat Memories
- Full completion of Missing, Presumed Death
- My Arm's Big Adventure
- Full completion of Nadir (saga)
- Nomad's Elegy
- Once Upon a Time in Gielinor: Finale
- Full completion of Once Upon a Time in Gielinor: Fortunes
- One of a Kind
- Our Man in the North
- Rebuilding Edgeville
- Recipe for Disaster
- Recipe for Disaster: Defeating the Culinaromancer
- Ritual of the Mahjarrat
- Sins of the Father
- Sliske's Endgame
- Tales of Nomad
- The Curse of Arrav
- The Curse of Zaros
- The General's Shadow
- The Light Within
- The Mighty Fall
- The Temple at Senntisten
- The Vault of Shadows (miniquest)
- Full completion of The World Wakes
- Wandering Ga'al
- While Guthix Sleeps