Trimmed masterwork equipment
Trimmed masterwork armour is a full set of degradable power armour that requires level 99 Smithing and completion of the It Should Have Been Called Aetherium achievement to create, and level 92 Defence to be worn. It is the strongest smithable melee armour outside of Daemonheim.
Each piece of trimmed masterwork armour has 100,000 charges of combat, which lasts approximately 55 hours in average combat. Custom-fit trimmed masterwork armour has 200,000 charges of combat, which lasts approximately 110 hours. When a piece runs out of charges, it degrades to a broken state and cannot be used. Each piece is repaired by using the trimmed item on an anvil while carrying the normal masterwork equivalent (unused and untrimmed; which is consumed to repair it).
Trimmed masterwork equipment will not degrade in Elite Dungeons. This effect is carried over to custom-fitted equipment.
Components[edit | edit source]
|Trimmed masterwork helm||457.4||-||2||24||-||-||64,846,701|
|Trimmed masterwork platebody||526||-||3||36||-||-||158,174,209|
|Trimmed masterwork platelegs||503.1||-||2||31||-||-||96,308,571|
|Trimmed masterwork gloves||114.3||-||2||15||-||-||31,887,263|
|Trimmed masterwork boots||114.3||-||2||15||-||-||31,839,662|
Set effect[edit | edit source]
When 3, 4, and 5 pieces of the set are worn, incoming damage dealt to the player is reduced by 30, 40, and 50%, respectively (after calculating any damage reduction first), and the remaining damage is dealt as a bleed that hits 5 times, dealing 20% of the stored damage per hit every two ticks until the stored damage depletes. For example, if a player wears the entire set and receives what would be a hit of 4000, the set would reduce the initial hit to 2000 damage and then a bleed would apply for 400 damage 5 times for the next 10 ticks. If the player obtains another heavy hit however while the first bleed is being applied, then the bleed itself resets along with increased damage so that the bleed damage is divisible by 5.
Essentially, when wearing four or five pieces, players can easily Soul Split flick without much concern and act as if they have double the health as usual (although still factoring in the bleed damage, which takes several seconds to process). It also allows them to survive what would be otherwise fatal attacks if any other armour was worn.
The bleed is considered hard typeless damage.
The bleed damage is affected by the following:
- Leviathan ring
- Warpriest of Saradomin armour/Warpriest of Zamorak armour/Anima Core of Sliske (if it uses the Saradomin/Zamorak warpriest effect)
- Obsidian equipment
- Phoenix necklace
- Crystal Shield
- Paused by dialogue boxes or teleporting
- Reprisal and Transfigure
- Blood essence
- Kalphite King's green attack, Vorago drop, Helwyr's mushroom bleed, Nex's ice prison
- Twin Furies fire
- Upon death all damage stacks are cleared.
The bleed damage is unaffected by the following:
- Devoted and Enhanced Devoted
- Gielinor's bombs (despite being a magic attack)
- Numbing root
Creation and repair[edit | edit source]
Normal[edit | edit source]
Trimmed masterwork armour is created by smithing masterwork trim with (non-augmented) normal masterwork equipment on any anvil, and requires level 99 Smithing as well as completion of the It Should Have Been Called Aetherium achievement.
The set is 14,176,512 cheaper if created by smithing the regular T90 masterwork armour with the trims, assuming the inputs are purchased from the Grand Exchange.
The creation cost is as follows:
|Item||Masterwork trim||Masterwork armour||Smithing progress||Input price||Smithing profit||GE Price|
|Trimmed masterwork helm||2||1||2,000||61,845,361||3,001,340||64,846,701|
|Trimmed masterwork platebody||5||1||5,000||152,953,463||5,220,746||158,174,209|
|Trimmed masterwork platelegs||3||1||3,000||92,233,038||4,075,533||96,308,571|
|Trimmed masterwork gloves||1||1||1,000||30,965,238||922,025||31,887,263|
|Trimmed masterwork boots||1||1||1,000||30,882,794||956,868||31,839,662|
Custom-fitting[edit | edit source]
The armour can be custom-fitted to its owner. Custom-fitting is independent of augmentation, so each item can be augmented, custom-fitted, neither, or both. Custom-fitting does not require level 99 Smithing nor does it require the achievement It Should Have Been Called Aetherium.
To do this, speak to Elof in the Artisans' Workshop. This process makes the armour permanently untradeable (the effect can never be removed) but in exchange, it becomes easier to maintain. This is achieved by doubling the amount of charges, resulting in it degrading 50% slower.
Custom-fitted trimmed masterwork armour:
- Never degrades or loses charge when hit by the current target of a:
- Slayer task
- Reaper task
- Elite dungeon monster/miniboss/boss
Previously, custom-fit armour would sometimes degrade upon the first hit of a Slayer/Reaper target, but no longer does so. However, the armour still degrades as normal in fights with multiple monsters if they are separate NPCs from the boss (e.g. Blightbound lasher). 
Custom-fitting trimmed masterwork equipment is a free process.
Custom-fit Spiked[edit | edit source]
Custom-fit armour can be cosmetically altered into a spiked version. This can be done by bringing the parts to Elof with a glorious bar (per part). Custom-fit trimmed spiked masterwork armour retains all degradation mechanics, set effects, and equipment bonuses - the change is strictly cosmetic. Any amount of degradation can be used - making a spiked armour piece keeps the degradation charge of the piece. Spiked armour can be augmented in the same way as non-spiked; alternatively augmented non-spiked armour can be spiked, either order is fine.
At any time the armour can be freely reverted back to non-spiked by Elof. It will, however, cost a glorious bar every time the spikes are re-added.
Only custom-fit trimmed masterwork can be spiked; non-custom-fit trimmed masterwork cannot be spiked.
The creation cost is as follows:
|Item||Glorious bar||Material price||Total Price|
|Custom-fit trimmed spiked masterwork helm||1||3,743,681||68,590,382|
|Custom-fit trimmed spiked masterwork platebody||1||3,743,681||161,917,890|
|Custom-fit trimmed spiked masterwork platelegs||1||3,743,681||100,052,252|
|Custom-fit trimmed spiked masterwork gloves||1||3,743,681||35,630,944|
|Custom-fit trimmed spiked masterwork boots||1||3,743,681||35,583,343|
Augmented[edit | edit source]
The trimmed masterwork platebody and platelegs (and custom-fit variants) can be augmented by taking them to an invention workbench. This no longer requires an unworn item, but it does require 36 divine charges, and an augmentor.
Just like malevolent equipment, augmented trimmed masterwork only uses the equipment degradation system, and not the invention charge pack system.
It continues to have 100,000 or 200,000 charges of combat, and when these are depleted it becomes unusable (loses bonuses and perks stop working). It can be repaired back to full charge by having the trimmed armour piece or the normal masterwork equivalent of the armour piece, and 36 divine charges. It does not need to be taken to an anvil or workbench.
Once your Trimmed Masterwork Armor is augmented, you are unable to un-augment it. Because of this, it is recommended to custom-fit your augmented trimmed masterwork armor as soon as it is purchased.
The creation cost for Augmented Trimmed masterwork and Augmented Custom-fit Trimmed masterwork equipment is as follows:
|Item||Augmentor||Divine charge||Material price||Item price||Augmented price|
|Trimmed masterwork helm
Custom-fit trimmed masterwork helm
|Augmented trimmed masterwork platebody
Augmented custom-fit trimmed masterwork platebody
|Augmented trimmed masterwork platelegs
Augmented custom-fit trimmed masterwork platelegs
|Trimmed masterwork gloves
Custom-fit trimmed masterwork gloves
|Trimmed masterwork boots
Custom-fit trimmed masterwork boots
The creation cost for Augmented Custom-fit Spiked Trimmed masterwork equipment is as follows:
|Item||Augmentor||Divine charge||Glorious bar||Material price||Item price||Augmented price|
|Custom-fit trimmed spiked masterwork helm||0||0||1||3,743,681||64,846,701||64,846,701|
|Augmented custom-fit trimmed spiked masterwork platebody||1||36||1||7,648,973||158,174,209||165,823,182|
|Augmented custom-fit trimmed spiked masterwork platelegs||1||36||1||7,648,973||96,308,571||103,957,544|
|Custom-fit trimmed spiked masterwork gloves||0||0||1||3,743,681||31,887,263||31,887,263|
|Custom-fit trimmed spiked masterwork boots||0||0||1||3,743,681||31,839,662||31,839,662|
Masterwork trim[edit | edit source]
|Item||Price each||Price for 12|
|Malevolent essence (GE)||2,769,338||33,232,056|
|Malevolent essence (buying the cheapest armour)||2,597,868.67||31,174,424|
|Praesulic essence (melee) (GE)||21,225,871||254,710,452|
|Praesulic essence (melee) (buying the cheapest armour)||22,274,953||267,299,436|
|Masterwork trim (GE)||25,522,996||306,275,952|
|Masterwork trim (buying essences)||24,012,091||288,145,092|
|Masterwork trim (buying the cheapest armour)||24,889,703.67||298,676,444|
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- update 29 June 2020 (Update):
- Augmented Trimmed Masterwork armour will now drop the corresponding broken piece of armour upon death in the Wilderness instead of dropping nothing.
- patch 9 March 2020 (Update):
- Used unaugmented versions of custom fit trimmed masterwork and custom fit trimmed spiked masterwork armour can now be keepsaked.
- patch 9 December 2019 (Update):
- patch 16 September 2019 (Update):
- Custom fitting Trimmed masterwork armour will no longer occasionally cause a disconnection.
- patch 20 May 2019 (Update):.
- Trimmed Masterwork Armour will now appropriately upgrade alongside its current degrade percentage when being custom-fit by Elof.
- ninja 1 April 2019 (Update):
- Players may now custom-fit normal pieces of Trimmed Masterwork armour without requiring an entirely new set. Previously a player was required to wear an entirely new set of Trimmed Masterwork armour to Custom Fit one piece they may have previously lost or destroyed.
- patch 11 March 2019 (Update):
- The Trimmed Masterwork armour will now no longer get stuck ticking 0s under certain circumstances.
- patch 11 February 2019 (Update):
- Custom fit masterwork armour checks for being on reaper or slayer task have been tightened and should no longer degrade whilst on these tasks.
- patch 28 January 2019 (Update):
- Players may now augment their trimmed and custom-fit masterwork armour at any charge percentage. This can be done at any invention workbench.
- patch 14 January 2019 (Update):
- Breaking down Torva Platebodies and Platelegs to use for Trimmed Masterwork armour will now give 5 and 3 Praesulic essence (melee)s respectively.
- Players who Custom Fitted their Trimmed Masterwork sets before augmenting them can now repair them at an anvil if they are at 100% charge, and can then augment them again using an invention table.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Mod Shauny. Patch Notes - 11/02. 2019-02-11. (Archived from the original on 2019-02-11.) "Custom fit masterwork armour checks for being on reaper or slayer task have been tightened and should no longer degrade whilst on these tasks."
- ^ Neil Richards (Mod Neil). Masterworks Set. ArtStation. 8 August 2018. "A very hard to smith set - looking more like late medieval armour, but in a world with giants and dragons around. Copyright Jagex."*