Trimmed masterwork equipment
Trimmed masterwork armour is a full set of degradable power armour that requires level 99 Smithing and completion of the It Should Have Been Called Aetherium achievement to create and level 92 Defence to be worn. It is the strongest smithable armour outside of Daemonheim.
Components[edit | edit source]
|Trimmed masterwork helm||457.4||0||2||24||-||-||35,622,993|
|Trimmed masterwork platebody||526||0||3||36||-||-||82,907,745|
|Trimmed masterwork platelegs||503.1||0||2||31||-||-||53,162,007|
|Trimmed masterwork gloves||114.3||0||2||15||-||-||17,213,005|
|Trimmed masterwork boots||114.3||0||2||15||-||-||18,557,464|
Item effect[edit | edit source]
When 3, 4, and 5 pieces of the set are worn, incoming damage dealt to the player is reduced by 30, 40, and 50%, respectively. The remaining damage is applied as a bleed that hits 5 times, dealing 20% of the stored damage per hit every 2 ticks until the stored damage depletes. For example, if a player wears the entire set and receives what would be a hit of 4000, the set would reduce the initial hit to 2000 damage and then a bleed would apply for 400 damage 5 times for the next six ticks, assuming that they do not take any damage for the remainder of the bleed. In this case, the damage increases accordingly along with the duration of the bleed.
The set effect allows players to easily Soul Split and prayer flick at the same time, as the reduced damage allows players to survive a potentially fatal hit and quicker reaction time to recover health while taking the bleed damage.
Bleed works with:
- Leviathan ring
- Warpriest of Saradomin armour
- Obsidian equipment
- Phoenix necklace
- Crystal Shield
- Paused by dialogue boxes or teleporting
- Reprisal and Transfigure
- Blood essence
- Kalphite King's green attack, Vorago drop, Helwyr's mushroom bleed, Nex's ice prison
- Twin Furies fire
- Upon death all damage stacks are cleared.
Bleed does not work with:
Degradation and repair[edit | edit source]
Each piece of trimmed masterwork armour has 100,000 charges of combat. When a piece runs out of charges, it degrades to a broken state and cannot be used. Each piece is repaired by using the normal masterwork equivalent on the trimmed version.
Trimmed masterwork equipment will not degrade in Elite Dungeons. This effect is carried over to custom-fitted equipment.
Custom-fitting[edit | edit source]
The armour can be custom-fitted to its owner. Custom-fitting is independent of augmentation, so each item can be augmented, custom-fitted, neither, or both. Custom-fitting does not require level 99 Smithing nor does it require the achievement It Should Have Been Called Aetherium.
To do this, speak to Elof in the Artisan's workshop while wearing a complete set of trimmed masterwork armour (augmented armour can be used). Because the complete set must be worn, it is impossible to custom-fit individual pieces. This process makes the armour untradeable (permanently - the effect can never be removed) but in exchange, it becomes significantly cheaper to maintain.
Custom-fitted trimmed masterwork armour:
- Never degrades or loses charge when hit by the current target of a
- Slayer task
- Reaper task
- Elite dungeon monster
- Off-task, degrades at 50% of the regular speed (this is achieved by doubling the charges to 200,000)
Previously, custom-fit armour would sometimes degrade upon the first hit of a Slayer/Reaper target, but no longer does so. However, in fights with minions that are designated as different targets (such as Araxxor/Araxxi minions or God Wars Dungeon boss minions), the armour will degrade as if the user was off-task.
Augmented[edit | edit source]
Just like malevolent equipment, augmented trimmed masterwork only uses the equipment degradation system, and not the invention charge pack system.
It continues to have 100,000 or 200,000 charges of combat, and when these are depleted it becomes unusable (loses bonuses and perks stop working) and must be repaired using a normal masterwork item in order to be used.
Creation[edit | edit source]
Trimmed masterwork armour is created by smithing masterwork trim with normal masterwork equipment on any anvil and requires level 99 Smithing as well as completion of the It Should Have Been Called Aetherium achievement.
2 Masterwork trims
|2,000||Trimmed masterwork helm|
5 Masterwork trims
|5,000||Trimmed masterwork platebody|
3 Masterwork trims
|3,000||Trimmed masterwork platelegs|
1 Masterwork trim
|1,000||Trimmed masterwork gloves|
1 Masterwork trim
|1,000||Trimmed masterwork boots|
Masterwork trim[edit | edit source]
Essences are created by breaking down the armour at the dragonkin forge. For the 12 essence required for a full set of trimmed masterwork, the equivalent of a full set of each armour is broken down.
- Malevolent essence
|Item||Ticks||Essence||Price per essence|
- Praesulic essence
|Item||Ticks||Essence||Price per essence|
|Torva full helm||20||2||10,327,650|
Essences and masterwork trim can also be bought on the Grand Exchange (though these prices may not be accurate).
|Item||Price each||Price for 12|
|Malevolent essence (GE)||7,478,048||89,736,576|
|Malevolent essence (buying the cheapest armour)||2,504,448.5||30,053,382|
|Praesulic essence (GE)||14,228,180||170,738,160|
|Praesulic essence (buying the cheapest armour)||10,222,363||122,668,356|
|Masterwork trim (GE)||46,640||559,680|
|Masterwork trim (buying essences)||21,716,154||260,593,848|
|Masterwork trim (buying the cheapest armour)||12,736,737.5||152,840,850|
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 11 March 2019 (Update):
- The Trimmed Masterwork armour will now no longer get stuck ticking 0s under certain circumstances
- patch 11 February 2019 (Update):
- Custom fit masterwork armour checks for being on reaper or slayer task have been tightened and should no longer degrade whilst on these tasks.
- patch 28 January 2019 (Update):
- Players may now augment their trimmed and custom-fit masterwork armour at any charge percentage. This can be done at any invention workbench.
- patch 7 January 2019 (Update):
- At level 99 smithing, smiths can upgrade masterwork armour into trimmed masterwork armour. This is level 92 power armour and requires some components that can only be obtained through PVM.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Mod Shauny. Patch Notes - 11/02. 2019-02-11. (Archived from the original on 2019-02-11.) "Custom fit masterwork armour checks for being on reaper or slayer task have been tightened and should no longer degrade whilst on these tasks."
- ^ Neil Richards (Mod Neil). Masterworks Set. ArtStation. 8 August 2018. "A very hard to smith set - looking more like late medieval armour, but in a world with giants and dragons around. Copyright Jagex."