Tree Gnome Village
|Tree Gnome Village (#31)|
|Release date||23 July 2002 (Update)|
|Official series||Gnome #1|
|Start area||Gnome Village|
|Combat||NPC combat level 50–59|
|Quest create ID||110|
|Infobox • Talk page|
Tree Gnome Village is a quest about the Khazard - Gnome War. While General Khazard himself does not appear, he is an important background character. During the quest, you need to aid the gnomes by retrieving stolen orbs.
Official description[edit | edit source]
|“||The tree gnomes are in trouble. General Khazard's forces are hunting them to extinction.
Find your way through the hedge maze to the gnomes secret treetop village.
Then help the gnomes fight Khazard and retrieve the orbs of protection.
Overview[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Talk to King Bolren at the centre of the Tree Gnome Village maze. Show on map|
|Member requirement||Members only|
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.|
|Enemies to defeat|
Safeguard[edit | edit source]
To reach the Tree Gnome Village, you must navigate through the Gnome Maze just north of the Yanille lodestone and squeeze through the fence at the end. Once inside, talk to King Bolren near the spirit tree to the east. The king seems disturbed, and, upon being asked, he says that his people are in grave danger.
The gnomes have always been under the care of their spirit tree and its three orbs of protection; they are virtually shielded from harm as long as the orbs rest in place. As such, when they were attacked by Khazard troops in the north, they made a desperate choice of moving one of the orbs to the battlefield. Unfortunately, the enemy stole the orb and hence the king needs your help in saving their village.
Tracking the trackers[edit | edit source]
Agree to help him, and you will be escorted out of the maze by Elkoy. Head north into the trenches of the battlefield near the tortoises and meet up with Commander Montai, a gnome wearing red-and-grey armour.
He asks you to rebuild the battlements, for which you need to supply him with 6 logs. Once the defences are up, he'll inform you that with the exact co-ordinates, their ballista will break through the Khazard stronghold, after which you must go and retrieve the orb.
He had sent out three trackers to retrieve the coordinates, but they have not yet returned, so he asks you to find them.
- The first tracker is behind the largest building of the Khazard stronghold (at the north-west area of the battlefield).
- The second tracker is in the Khazard jail in the north-east area of the battlefield (near the summoning obelisk).
- The third tracker is south of the first tracker's location, hiding amongst some trees.
The first two trackers will give you the height and y-coordinates you need, which you'll automatically commit to memory. The third tracker, however, has been driven mad as a result of the chaos.
Though most of what he says is rubbish, he will give you a hint as to the number you need. You may have to do a bit of guesswork, though. For instance:
- "less than my hands" equals 1
- "more than my head" is 2
- "more than we but less than our feet" is 3
- "my legs and your legs" is 4
One step forward, two steps back[edit | edit source]
Head back to the ballista on the south-west side of the battlefield, and you'll be asked to enter the x-coordinate, which was given to you by the third tracker. Once you get a hit, walk to the Khazard Stronghold, the most north-western building on the field. The door is locked, but to the right of the door (near the Khazard Commander) is a broken wall, so simply right-click and 'climb-over crumbled wall'.
As soon as you climb over the crumbled wall, you will be engaged by a level 49 Khazard Commander. Fight him or simply climb the ladder to proceed. Upstairs, search the closed chest to obtain the missing orb of protection. You will also be attacked by another commander, whose fate you may choose.
Back at the maze, follow Elkoy into the gnome village. Present the orb to King Bolren, who informs you that they were attacked at night by the Khazard warlord and his troops, who stole the other two orbs of protection from the spirit tree.
Retrieving the orbs[edit | edit source]
Exit out of the maze to the battlefield and start heading north-west, past the wolves near the West Ardougne boundary, and talk to the Khazard warlord. When he refuses to hand over the orbs, attack him.
The warlord is level 53, has 1900 life points, and uses only melee; he shouldn't be too difficult to defeat. He is weak to air spells, so bring an air staff and decent magic armour (splitbark or better) and use your best air spell. Also, there are safespots available, allowing you to kill him with minimal damage taken. You need to kill the warlord yourself, otherwise you will not receive the orbs.
After killing him, you will automatically pick up the orbs. Go back to King Bolren and hand over the orbs. A cutscene ensues in which the gnomes are seen celebrating and holding a ceremony, returning the orbs to their places on the sacred spirit tree.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 2 quest points
- 11,450 experience
- Use of the Tree Gnome Village spirit tree for transportation to other spirit trees
- Gnome amulet
- 2 Treasure Hunter keys (Ironman accounts will not receive these)
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- Tree Gnome Village ( 0) – Complete this quest.
- Varrock achievements
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
Tree Gnome Village is directly required for the following quests/miniquests:
- 'Phite Club
- Aftermath (miniquest)
- Full comprehension of Azzanadra's Quest
- Full comprehension of Battle of the Monolith (miniquest)
- Children of Mah
- City of Senntisten
- Full comprehension of Curse of the Black Stone
- Desperate Measures
- Full comprehension of Desperate Times
- Dishonour among Thieves
- Do No Evil
- Full comprehension of Evil Dave's Big Day Out
- Eye of Het I (miniquest)
- Eye of Het II (miniquest)
- Fate of the Gods
- Fur 'n Seek/Wish list
- Full comprehension of Heart of Stone
- Full comprehension of Hero's Welcome
- Kindred Spirits
- Koschei's Troubles (miniquest)
- Mahjarrat Memories (miniquest)
- Full comprehension of Missing, Presumed Death
- Full comprehension of Nadir (saga)
- Nomad's Elegy
- Once Upon a Time in Gielinor: Finale
- Full comprehension of Once Upon a Time in Gielinor: Fortunes
- One of a Kind
- Our Man in the North
- Rebuilding Edgeville (miniquest)
- Recipe for Disaster
- Recipe for Disaster: Defeating the Culinaromancer
- Recipe for Disaster: Freeing King Awowogei
- Ritual of the Mahjarrat
- Sins of the Father (miniquest)
- Sliske's Endgame
- Tales of Nomad (miniquest)
- The Light Within
- The Mighty Fall
- The Prisoner of Glouphrie
- Full completion of The World Wakes
- Full comprehension of The World Wakes
- Twilight of the Gods
- While Guthix Sleeps
Transcript[edit | edit source]
Credits[edit | edit source]
|Tree Gnome Village|
|Developer||Mod Tom, Ian Gower (conversion to RuneScape 2)|
|Quest Help||Lucy B|
|Databox • Talk page|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- ninja 5 February 2018 (Update):
- Elkoy now has a 'Follow' left-click option if the player has started the Tree Gnome Village quest.
- patch 16 April 2013 (Update):
- Stopped Deadliest Catch dialogue triggering in the Tree Gnome Village post-quest content.
- update 6 March 2012 (Update):
- Gnome-related content is given a fresh coat of creosote, with a complete rework of gnome NPC models, chatheads and environments.
|Part 1 of the Gnome quest series|