|Release||11 December 2012 (Update)|
|Stacks in bank||Yes|
|Increases the drop rate of bird nests by 300%. Lasts 3 hours.|
|Exchange||477,825 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The tree-shaking scrimshaw is an item that can be made with the Fletching skill at level 90 from 2 ancient bones once all 4 scroll pieces of Tree Shaking have been retrieved from the Player-owned port. It requires level 80 Woodcutting to equip.
The scrimshaw can be activated on and off for a total of 3 hours after which it degrades to dust.
When equipped, it increases the chance of finding bird's nests while Woodcutting and crystal geodes while chopping crystal trees by 300%. It also gives a chance to find implings, ranging from essence implings (very common) all the way to crystal implings; however crystal implings can only be caught using the scrimshaw in the Crwys clan area while the Voice of Seren is active there. Before the 17 June 2013 update, you could not catch disturbed implings bare-handed, but needed to be wielding a butterfly net (un-sheathed) and have an impling jar.
When an impling appears, the following message is shown in the chatbox:
Your scrimshaw has disturbed a(n) [type] impling. Implings found using the scrimshaw last for five minutes before despawning; they are only visible to the wearer of the scrimshaw.
Creation[edit | edit source]
|4,000 XP||-||3 (1.8s)||477,825|
|Must be performed at the Scrimshaw Crafter|
|Must have unlocked the relevant eastern scroll|
Equipment bonuses[edit | edit source]
|Accuracy||-||-||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|FAQ • docs|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 29 March 2016 (Update):
- Reclaiming a fully charged non-superior scrimshaw from a gravestone will no longer cause it to vanish.
- patch 5 January 2015 (Update):
- The message to inform players of divine implings disturbed by tree-shaking scrimshaws has been corrected.
- ninja 7 January 2014 (Update):
- The scrimshaw deactivate timer option can now be used 10 seconds after activation, down from 30 seconds.