Treasure chest (Carnillean Rising)
|Release||3 July 2012 (Update)|
|Quest item||Carnillean Rising|
|Stacks in bank||No|
|Destroy||Search the chest in the Carnillean mansion.|
|High alch||6 coins|
|Low alch||4 coins|
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|Make your own treasure hunt.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The treasure chest is a reward given to players for completing Carnillean Rising. This chest allows players to bury an item somewhere and let another player find it for a reward chosen by the original player who buried it. Once the chest is buried, the player will receive the treasure chest keyring. This item allows the chest's owner to change the treasure hunt's settings or abort it altogether. However, it cannot be banked by the player that buried the chest.
There are three settings that can be adjusted to determine who can access the chest. Setting a PIN allows anyone to dig up the chest, but they must guess the PIN. If the 'Key' option is selected, players must be given a key by the chest owner before the chest can be dug up.
Only a single item can be added to the chest, though the player may choose to note an item or add a stackable item in order to include multiple items of the same type. Living creatures cannot be placed in the treasure chest. Also, this chest can be banked with the rewards remaining inside of it. This provides the opportunity for people with over max cash to keep another gold stack, or indeed another stack of any stackable or noted item.
You can bury the chest while in the Wilderness, whether or not it contains an item, even if you're in combat. You can also abort the treasure hunt while in the Wilderness, returning the chest to its owner. However, you cannot put items in or remove items from the treasure chest while inside the Wilderness. Doing so prompts the following messages:
- Putting items in the chest:
- Removing items from the chest:
The chest may not be used on Anachronia. Attempting to do so yields the following message:
If the chest is destroyed and then recovered from the Carnillean mansion, the original items will still be inside. This also works if you are skulled while dying with the chest. You can also reclaim it by talking to Faruq in Al Kharid. However, it is not available in his shop.
The PIN can be set to a number between 1 and 999,999,999. The PIN can also be removed by entering 0 as the PIN.
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Default disassembly items|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||98.9%|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 19 August 2019 (Update):
- Fixed a number formatting issue when setting a new pin on a treasure chest.
- patch 5 August 2019 (Update):
- Typo fixed when trying to bury a Carnillean treasure chest on Anachronia.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Players can reclaim another chest from the Carnillean mansion while having a chest in bank. But when the player tries to setup the second chest, a message pops up saying, "You can only operate one treasure hunt at a time." The chest then disappears.
- The treasure chest is one of the methods for ironman accounts to transfer items to non-ironman accounts in relative safety.