- Thorvald the Warrior: Leave me be, outerlander. I have nothing to say to the likes of you.
Attempting to climb down the ladder[edit | edit source]
- Thorvald the Warrior: Outerlander... do not test my patience. I do not take kindly to people wandering in here and acting as though they own the place.
- Player: Howdy Thorvald!
- Thorvald the Warrior: And greetings to you too. It is good to see new blood entering the Fremennik; we gain our strength by bringing new warriors into the tribe.
When speaking to Thorvald the Warrior in Rellekka after completing Koschei's Troubles.
- Player: Hey, Thorvald! Is everything okay here?
- Thorvald the Warrior: No, everything is not alright! Koschei turned out to be a powerful being known as a Mahjarrat! I heard arguing and popped my head down to see what was going on! Saw the whole thing!
- Player: Yes, it's true. He's your friend, so I don't think he is a threat to you.
- Thorvald the Warrior: That's not what I am worried about.
- Player: Then what is the matter?
- Thorvald the Warrior: Who am I going to get to test the young Fremennik warriors now? No one else will volunteer to be attacked every day!
- Player: Maybe you should take his place: dress like him and fight in the trial. Since it is only a test of bravery, you can stop when they have proven themselves.
- Thorvald the Warrior: Ah, I see how you got Peer the Seer's vote now! You are wise indeed. Let's keep this little...arrangement between us.