Transcript of Theories Abound
- The Trapper: I've been contemplating our little riddle, wrapped in an enigma, covered in fur.
- Player: What have you come up with?
- The Trapper: Three possibilities. One: the creatures can teleport.
- Player: I doubt they've mastered the use of runes.
- The Trapper: Two: someone is hiding or moving the creatures.
- Player: Why would someone hide animals?
- The Trapper: Three: we're not dealing with several different creatures. We are - in fact - dealing with just the one.
- Player: Just the one? Didn't you say there were a variety of creatures?
- The Trapper: They could be shape-shifters, changing shape as soon as you approach.
- Player: That sounds far-fetched.
- The Trapper: But it would make for fascinating prey! Regardless of the reason, it'll be quite the hunt. I'll return with news.
- The Navigator delivers a note from Reginald.
- Player: A note?
- The Trapper: Greetings from the East! I have managed to witness one of these fantastic creatures change form! That's right - once again, the great Wellington-Smythe was proved right. There IS only one animal. Who knows what this creature looks like in its natural form? I'm staying here to see if I can catch one. I'll return once I have captured my quarry, or run out of rations. Cheerio! Reginald Wellington-Smythe.