Transcript of The World Wakes journal entry
- I spoke to Orlando Smith, who has been excavating to the west of the Legends' Guild. He believes he has discovered the chamber where Guthix used to live, and asked me to explore the site with him as it could be dangerous. I should enter the excavation when I am prepared.
- I entered the excavation with Orlando. The interior seemed like it could be Guthix's ancient dwelling. Orlando asked me to look for an artefact we could return to the museum as proof of the discovery.
- I examined various items in the room, including a tableau, a parchment sketch, and a shattered blade. None of the items were suitable to take with us, but as we explored some vines withdrew to reveal a hidden alcove.
- In the alcove, we found a statue of a butterfly. It seemed perfect to take with us, but Orlando was unable to lift it. When I tried, the statue stopped glowing and a shrieking alarm started to sound. A door revealed yet another chamber.
- Orlando suggested we explore further.
- When we entered the next chamber, we were ambushed by three strange, mechanical creatures. They claimed one of us was a Mahjarrat, and killed Orlando.
- I defeated the mechanical creatures. I should continue further into the chambers to see what's going on here.
- A shadowy figure appeared and revealed himself to be Sliske. He must be the Mahjarrat the creatures were looking for.
- Sliske explained that the chambers are not abandonded[sic]; Guthix is still here. He warned me that I am in trouble.
- Sliske and I travelled through the shadow realm to the Wilderness volcano. The great sword embedded there was glowing, and emitting the same alarm I heard in the chambers. Sliske explained that it was transmitting to the stone circles around the world. This used to be an effective Guthixian defence system, but over the ages the circles have fallen into non-Guthixian hands, meaning others now know that Guthix has been found. He then showed me Zemouregal in his castle. who was being notified of the alarm at the stone circle in Varrock. Finally, Sliske teleported us both to the icy wastes above the God Wars dungeons.
- There, Zilyana had broken free and was leading her troops towards Guthix.
- Sliske reminded me that the Edicts of Guthix stop any of the gods returning to - or interfering with - Gielinor. Followers of other gods - Saradominists, Zamorakians - will be coming to kill Guthix, to remove the edicts. Sliske explained that he is here to represent Zarosian interests. They believe Guthix may be woken and negotiated with, rather than killed. Sliske left it up to me to make my own decision on Guthix, but he advised that I need to get to Guthix before anyone else, no matter the outcome I wish for.
- Our conversation was interrupted by the entrance of Zilyana and Kree'arra.
- Sliske teleported away before he could be noticed.
- They were shortly fallowed by K'ril Tsutsaroth - the Zamorakian general - who crashed straight through into the next chamber. Zilyana followed him, determined not to let K'ril beat her to Guthix. She left Kree'arra to attempt to get rid of me.
- Kree'arra explained that he was fighting because Zilyana had promised him that Guthix's death would mean the return of Armadyl. He was desperate to be reunited with his god, and fought well, but I defeated him. I should catch up with Zilyana and K'ril Tsutsaroth.
- K'ril Tsutsaroth and Zilyana were unable to break through the next door, so they reluctantly decided they needed to work together to find another way in. I should try and continue on this route.
- Before I had a chance to make any progress, yet more followers arrived. These pose no threat, however; they are here to protect Guthix. They will surely be able to reach him faster than anyone else.
- The Guthixians seemed surprised that I triggered the entrance to the chambers, implying I have a connection to Guthix. If we are to get to him, we need to figure out how to open the door. The contraption in this chamber may be a locking mechanism.
- I managed to complete the mechanism, unlocking the door.
- I went with the Guthixians, descending on some sort of moving platform into a large chamber.
- When we entered the chamber, more mechanical creatures surrounded us. One of them - seemingly their leader - barely stopped them from attacking. I should try to speak with it.
- The mechanical leader revealed himself to be a creature of Guthix. He has lived on his own in the chambers for thousands of years, and has forgotten his name.
- The other Guardians of Guthix remembered him, and believe his name is Cres.
- Him and his creations will help us defend against Zilyana„ K'ril Tsutsaroth and any other intruders.
- Cres informed me that before we are ready to defend the area, Guthix has a plan for me. He asked me to approach the stone slab on the main wall of the chamber.
- The slab revealed a glowing map which was a test, created by Guthix, to evaluate my understanding of balance. Guthix judged my answers as [SIC|satsifactory].
- After I had proven myself, Guthix imbued me with some of his power, making me a Guardian of Guthix. This will give me extra confidence to lead the Guthixians in the battle ahead, but that cannot be the only reason.
- When I spoke to the Guthixians, they were very worried about the battle ahead. The group were disorganised and not used to battle, so I had to raise their morale to ensure we stand a chance. Everyone seemed much more enthusiastic, so I spoke to Cres to see what we could do to prepare further.
- Cres informed me that his creations believe the enemy will break through into the storage wings leading off the main chamber. I have split the Guthixians into four consignments: Death; The Valluta and Fiara; Chaeldar and Thaerisk; and finally Cres and his machines. I need to assign each faction to defend a wing, but I should think carefully about whom I put where. I should speak to Juna, then use all the information available to me to create the formation.
- I sent a Guthixian consignment to defend each wing. Now, I should attend to Juna and the druids.
- Juna and the druids will be providing support from the main chamber, creating barriers to defend themselves if the enemy breaks through. Now, we must wait for the enemy to arrive.
- Graardor breached the first wing! I need to defend it.
- I defeated Graardor, and he fled. He will not be only enemy, though.
- Zemouregal has broken into the second storage wing; I must stop him.
- I drove back Zemouregal, but this is not over.
- The next wing has been breached by K'ril Tsutsaroth. I need to defeat him if we are to win this battle.
- I succeeded in deterring K'ril Tsutsaroth„ and he retreated. Only one more enemy before victory!
- The final break-in is Enakhra. I need to push her back,' we cannot lose this now.
- I beat Enakhra and she fled.
- When I returned to the central chamber, Zilyana had made a silent approach and broken in unnoticed! Cres confided in me that the tableau behind Juna conceals a passage to Guthix. He believes Zilyana knows this, as she seems to be working towards it. I must go to Juna to defend the wall at all costs, while Cres distracts Zilyana.
- When I spoke to Juna, we decided that she would be the last barrier before the wall. She is not a strong fighter, so I will need to repair the barriers and draw any attackers away from her. If she or I fall, it is all over.
- I defended Juna and the wall from Zilyana's troops, but Zilyana has reached Cres and stopped.
- Zilyana did not know about the hidden passage at all. She believed Cres was Guthix, and was working towards him. She killed Cres, but he revealed in his last breaths that she was mistaken. Before there was time to react, the Zarosians arrived. It seemed as if they were amused.
- The Zarosians revealed that they had waited patiently while everyone else fought, clearing the way for them.
- They believed I was on their side, infiltrating the Guthixians to get closer to Guthix and allowing them an easy route However, I chose to stay with the Guthixians to protect Guthix from being woken.
- Before anyone had a chance to react to my decision, the tableau concealing the passage to Guthix was blown open from the inside, indicating someone is already in there! I need to get to Guthix before the others, but they will not make it easy.
- I made it through the passage.
- When I entered the final chamber, I came face to face with Guthix, but we were not alone. Before I could stop him, Sliske plunged the Staff of Armadyl into Guthix's throat: a killing blow. Sliske then teleported away. Guthix is still alive, but barely; he asked me to approach him.
- When I approached Guthix, he drew me into his mind. He showed me the story of his life; the plane he came from, destroyed by warring gods. He was a mortal there, becoming a god when he managed to kill one of the attacking gods with an elder weapon. With the rest of his race dead, Guthix fled and found Gielinor, and on it the stone of Jas.
- He planned to create a world on Gielinor where mortals could live in balance, without the interference of gods and without having to worship or follow them.
- However, he found the mortals he introduced began to worship him, due to his great power. This was not what Guthix intended, so he withdrew to sleep in the hopes of being forgotten.
- As he slept, the young gods arrived, and began the God Wars. When Guthix awoke, the world was in a worse state than when he had left it. He banished the young gods, but he could not undo the damage they had caused. Their followers remained, as well as Guthix's own believers.
- Guthix realised that his prescence[sic] on the world was unbalancing it; he couldn't remain if he wanted the world to be free of gods forever. He allowed his death to happen, but not before giving me some of his power so that I may be a guardian in times to come. Without Guthix, the gods will return, but I will have the power to fight them and prevent them destroying the world, as they did Guthix's homeland.
- At the end of Guthix's vision, he took his last breath. I was returned to the chamber, surrounded by the Guthixians, Zarosians and Zilyana.
- I told them about Sliske's actions, and Guthix's vision.
- As I was speaking, a great quake was felt throughout the chamber. Saradomin returned to Gielinor and stood before me.
- Saradomin sent the Zarosians away, warning them that their god had not yet returned to back them up.
- I spoke to Saradomin and warned him that the world is still protected. He laughed, and tried to banish me from the chamber, but the power Guthix instilled in me enabled me to stay. Saradomin seemed to sense the power in me, and left the chamber, but remains on Gielinor.
- I spoke to Juna, who reassured me that Guthix did not abandon us; he placed his trust in me, and his values will not be forgotten. I have been given the power to defend the world from the gods in the Sixth Age.
- She informed me that the chamber will be converted into a shrine to Guthix, and I may find it rewarding to return here.