Transcript of The Prisoner of Glouphrie journal entry
- Golrie showed me a letter that he found while clearing out the storeroom. It's from Golrie's grandfather, Bolrie, and is addressed to Golrie’s grandmother, Gena. If this letter is to be believed, Bolrie is trapped in Arposandra and is asking for help!
- I agreed to help Golrie with the letter. I should ask him what to do next.
- Golrie took me to the surface of the Tree Gnome Village and introduced me to his mother, Golrana. I should talk to them both to find out what to do next.
- Golrana and I are going to follow Bolrie's footsteps through the mountains.
- Golrana will be waiting for me north of the Observatory and south of the lava fields. These are both west of the Tree Gnome Village.
- I met Golrana, north of the Observatory. We just need to find Bolrie's path to Llyeta.
- Golrana and I should look for Bolrie's path.
- In the mountains, we found a big dead tree that hid a cave entrance between its roots. We should investigate.
- As we entered the cave, we came across a gaping chasm. We found a fragile ledge which Golrana crossed. She then threw me a rope, allowing me to cross.
- We should explore the caves to find a way through the mountains.
- Exploring the cave system led us over another chasm and to a quiet underground river. Golrana and I teamed up to cross the obstacle. It's hopefully only a matter of time before we get to Lletya!
- We found an exit out of the caves and emerged high in the mountains. A cliff separates us from Lletya, but we attached one of Golrana's ropes to a rock and we should be able to climb down it. We need to get to Lletya.
- We finally arrived in Lletya! We need to find Ilfeen to talk to her about Bolrie's letter.
- Ilfeen was waiting for us near Lletya bank. She took us to Bolrie's lab, under the sheep field north-west of Lletya. We should thoroughly search the lab.
- We entered the lab. It's filled with crates and shelves. We should look for clues.
- I found a diary on a crate. It seems to contain all of Bolrie's research notes. I should follow the instructions and make an anti-illusion device that will allow us to find Arposandra!
- I have found everything I needed to build the anti-illusion device! I should get on with building it.
- I have built the anti-illusion device, but it won't work unless it's calibrated with the right crystal coins. I should use the calibration device to find out which coins I need.
- I have calibrated the device! I should speak with Golrana and prepare to look for Arposandra!
- Golrana is wearing the anti-illusion device on her back and is waiting for me at Lletya bank. I should go and meet her.
- I have met Golrana at the bank. Now that she has the anti-illusion device, we should go back into the mountains and look for an entrance to Arposandra.
- An air vent appeared that wasnt there before! We should take a closer look.
- We opened the vent and prepared a rope to go down it. Golrana told me I should go first.
- As we travelled down the rope, we found another vent. On the other side of it, Arposandra gnomes dressed like Glough were training, led by a gnome who looked like Glouphrie!
- We climbed down further, and the rope ended at another vent. Golrana accidentally pushed me to the bottom of the chute. Nevertheless, I should look for Golrana and Bolrie.
- The room I dropped into has tunnels leading from it. In them, I could see odd tortoises mining away. They seem to be healthier versions of the warped tortoises that can be found in the sewers. I should look for Golrana and Bolrie.
- There are a couple of watchers on posts, preventing me from exploring the area. Perhaps I can rotate one of them to get past?
- I've rotated a watcher out of the way. Let's check out what it was protecting.
- I found a prison with a terrorbird guard in it. I talked him into leaving the room.
- At the back of the prison is Bolrie! I should go and talk to him.
- I have talked to Bolrie. He tells me the leader of this place is called Glouck and that Glouphrie's name is taboo even here. He won't trust me until I've answered his questions. I should talk to him and answer his quiz.
- I have managed to convince Bolrie to follow me. I can't get him out of Arposandra on my own, so I should take him somewhere a bit safer, for now, and look for Golrana.
- I've left Bolrie in a small alcove on a quiet corridor. I need to find where Golrana is hiding, so I can reunite her with her dad. The door at the end of the corridor might hold some answers.
- Golrana was hiding behind some crates by a huge machine. We saw first-hand how mutated terrorbirds are created. They guide normal terrorbirds into the conversion machine; sometimes they come out as the speaking terrorbirds that work here, and sometimes they come out as mutants that get dumped into the sewers! Then the alarm started ringing, so we fled. Golrana and I managed to get Bolrie up the air vent out of Arposandra. I need to make sure nobody can follow us by pushing a nearby big boulder in front of the vent.
- I've pushed the boulder in front of the vent. I don't think anybody will follow us. I should check on Golrana and Bolrie.
- I have witnessed a touching reunion between Golrana and her father. Bolrie learned of the death of his wife, and of the birth of his grandson, Golrie. I should talk with Golrana to find out what to do now.
- Golrana fired a few Grand Tree seed pods into the air and three gnome pilots landed nearby. One of them, Belmondo, is Golrana's husband. He introduced himself to Bolrie and we all flew back to the Tree Gnome Village. I should talk to Golrana.
- I witnessed Bolrie's reunion with his brother, Bolren, and the meeting between him and his grandson, Golrie. They then thanked me for my help!
|Part 6 of the Gnome quest series|