Dialogue for The Minister
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Conversation 1[edit | edit source]
- The Minister: You have a very strong soul, did you know that?
- Player: I'm quite proud of it, thanks.
- The Minister: Could I borrow it for a bit? For science?
- Player: How could you borrow my soul?
- The Minister: Oh, it's quite easy. I just snap your soul away from this mortal tether and then run it through a series of probably harmless tests.
- Player: Probably harmless?
- The Minister: Well...mostly harmless.
- Player: I'm going to say no.
- The Minister: But...but SCIENCE!
Conversation 2[edit | edit source]
- The Minister: This world is far too warm. I miss the cold winds of my homeland. I miss the fjords and the mountains that go on forever.
- The Minister: This world is flat and small. Hardly a world at all, really. Teragard was much better.
- Player: Yet still you left.
- The Minister: Well, he left. You know, the big me. The person you got me from. I am not him, though I share some sort of weird narrative link.
- The Minister: Am I my own person? Or am I just a strange facsimile of another? Are even my thoughts my own?
- The Minister: It's all very confusing, but fascinating at the same time. I wonder...do I even have a soul.
- The Minister: If so, is it a full soul,or just a piece of one?[sic]
- The Minister: And who really created me? Was I born? Was I crafted by the Magister for an experiment? Or was it the man behind the screen?
- Player: The screen?
- The Minister: Ah, yes, sorry. I forgot you can't see it.
Conversation 3[edit | edit source]
- The Minister: Do you feel it? The secret song at the heart of the world? The thump, the beat?
- Player: Not really, no.
- The Minister: Listen closer. Come, bring your head near the ground. Listen. Do you hear? Listen.
- The Minister: *PHWAAARP*
- Player: Oh gods, what was that? Did you just...
- The Minister: YES! Bow before me and my impeccable comic timing. I got you with the old 'Teragardian Planet Song' gag. You Gielinorians will fall for anything!
- Player: Why do I have you with me again?
- The Minister: You're weak, foolish, and you need the guidance of a superior intellect. Hence me.
- Player: I still killed the bigger you.
- The Minister: Only briefly.
The trigger for this dialogue is unknown but can rarely occur as a follow-up after conversation 3.
- The Minister: Wait, I... What's up with your soul? It's like there's a blemish - a hole. How did you do that?
- Player: What are you talking about?
- The Minister: Ah, I see. In time, then. In time, he will know.