Transcript of The Lord of Vampyrium journal entry
- Vanescula visited Burgh de Rott to get the Myreque to track down Safalaan and have him return to Meiyerditch.
- Vanescula directed me to an old Hallowvale graveyard around the coast where I could find Safalaan.
- The crypt of Efaritay and Ascertes was blocked by a vampyric seal, which I unlocked.
- Within a recess in the crypt, I found an old pendant with anicyene design to it. It rightly belongs to Safalaan now.
- After accepting the pendant, Safalaan heeded Vanescula's warning and headed back to the Sanguinesti Myreque HQ.
- I then headed to the Sanguinesti Myreque HQ after Safalaan.
- Sarius Guile had led Vanescula to the Sanguinesti Myreque HQ. I should find out why they're here.
- Before we got to that, I was promoted to lieutenant in the Myreque.
- Vanescula wants us to assassinate Lord Drakan. who is returning to Morytania.
- Not all of the Myreque like the plan, however.
- I went ahead to the blisterwood tree, where the rest of the Myreque joined me.
- The Myreque have developed a few new blisterwood weapons, which I'm now able to create - a stake-throwing crossbow, a wand and orb, and dual-wield blisterwood sickles.
- I found some House Drakan vyrewatch uniforms in Vanstrom's (now Overwatch Mornid’s) house.
- I delivered the Vyrewatch uniforms to Veliaf in the Darkmeyer Arboretum.
- Unlike my old disguise, these are armoured and display the seal of House Drakan..necessary to blend in with the true-born nobles.
- Veliaf briefed the Myreque about our mission to take down Lord Drakan. He said if I think we should all retreat, I should say ‘Hang up the sickle’, and we'll retreat to the arboretum. If I think we can take him, the signal to spring the trap is 'Bring in the harvest'.
- Vanescula and her vyres carried the Myreque up to the gathering of true-born nobles on the roof of Castle Drakan!
- I helped a few of the true-born nobles out with their vampyre ‘problems’, just like I did to gain access to Darkmeyer.
- Before Lord Drakan arrived, Vanescula wanted me next to her and Safalaan.
- Lord Drakan directly asked me questions about vampyre society. He wants the same thing that the Myreque want! Just not for any good reasons...
- Safalaan took charge and sprung the trap, but Lord Drakan just shrugged it off like it was nothing, before grabbing Safalaan. Vanescula tried to diffuse the situation, but before anything else happened, Safalaan erupted with magical energy. That's the last thing I saw before blacking out.
- I came to in a cell, in what must be the dungeon of Castle Drakan.
- I managed to get myself and the other Myreque free of our cells. It was suspiciously easy, albeit painful. There's no sign of Safalaan, though.
- A second vampyric seal blocked my path beyond a torture room. Once solved, it freed Vanescula and Mornid - the only surviving vyres that were on our side.
- Safalaan had been separated from the rest of us, but he’s free now. He was in a room with oubliettes - there was a woman in one of them, but she refused to let us help her. She must be very frightened of Lord Drakan. The Myreque agreed to come back for her once he was dead.
- Within the castle cellars, Ivan and Mornid found some provisions, which should be of use in this place. It was jerky made from a mysterious source of meat that Ive never seen before.
- Ivan found a book - written by Lord Drakan - about how different emotions affect the taste of blood. For vampyres, at least.
- Good job that the Myreque embody the gamut of human emotion, else we'd never have escaped from the castle's cellars!
- We tried to escape through the castle gate, but Lord Drakan appeared and blocked our path. We had no choice but to stand our ground and confront him. Lord Drakan killed Overwatch Mornid. His spear appears to be made of blisterwood, which is strange, considering he’s a vampyre too.
- Then one of his venators pounced on and killed Kael!
- Once Kael died, things broke down, and we fell back into the castle lobby, barricading ourselves in to keep Lord Drakan and his venators out.
- One of the venators smashed through a lobby window, but I managed to fend it off.
- We moved upstairs to the first floor of the castle, but venators were trying to get in.
- I was able to barricade the windows on the upstairs landing.
- We then passed through a tithe door into the castle library, where more venators were trying to breach.
- Now the library is barricaded. I'm sure it contains many interesting books, but there wasn't exactly much time to read them.
- The window in the dining room was too large to barricade, so we tried to block it with the dining table in front of it.
- A venator smashed through the dining room window and threw Mekritus out into the courtyard. There’s a chance he survived the fall, but that might just be false hope.
- We didn't get revenge on the venator in the dining room, but we did manage to fend it off.
- We still barricaded the window with the dining table to stop any more getting in behind us.
- The last area of this floor is a gallery, filled with paintings of vampyric nobility and statues of Lord Drakan.
- Finally, we barricaded the windows in the gallery. We still didn't have time for much of a respite.
- I unlocked another vampyric seal to gain us access to the next floor up.
- The next floor contained the private quarters of the Drakan family. Vanescula was acting cagey.
- The Myreque paired off to explore each room, in order to cover ground more quickly. We needed to get to the roof quickly, as it was our only chance for escape.
- Although we succeeded in powering the vampyric seal, Ivan was injured by a venator and Radigad killed by Lord Drakan. Also, something is going on between Vanescula and Safalaan.
- I have now unlocked the vampyric seal, which opened a path back to the castle roof.
- We arrived on the castle roof only to discover that we've been on Vampyrium this whole time - Lord Drakan brought us here to hunt us!
- Polmafi believes he can re-open the portal back to Gielinor, with Vanescula’s help. The rest of us need to hold off Lord Drakan and his venators to give them time. Ivanis too injured to fight.
- Finally, we got to kill off those venators, but that was the easy part.
- The first pylon is powered. Lord Drakan attempted to kill Polmafi to stop him fixing the others, but Vanescula took the spear hit to save him.
- Lord Drakan started attacking the remaining Myreque himself.
- Polmafi got the second pylon up and running. We had Lord Drakan beaten, but he just fed off Vertida and healed himself fully!
- Lord Drakan continued his assault on the remaining Myreque.
- Polmafi managed to power the final pylon and re-open the portal back to Gielinor.
- The portal led us back to the roof of the real Castle Drakan in Darkmeyer.
- Lord Drakan brought his hunt back to Gielinor and it's now down to me alone to defeat him.
- I managed to hold him off, but he still wasn't going to give up his hunt.
- Vanescula made a triumphant return, gravely wounding her brother, before being swatted aside. I'm going to have to finish this one myself.
- Despite going berserk on me, I managed to put down Lord Drakan once again.
- I used Lord Drakan’s own broken spear to deliver the killing blow. He's dead, but it cost the Myreque dearly.
- With her brother dead, Vanescula now rules the vampyre nation. Her first act was to feed on Safalaan! She's been using the Myreque this whole time!
- Vanescula claims that Safalaan’s icyene blood has sanctified her, so she can cross the River Salve. She intends to convert the humans of Meiyerditch into a new vampyric army and, using haemalchemy, sanctify them too! Then she'll invade Misthalin for a new source of blood. When she left, she took Safalaan's body with her.
- We finally escaped back to the Burgh de Rott HQ.
- Veliaf has disbanded what little remained of the Myreque, after revealing that its supposed leader, Calsidiu, was nothing but a fictional construct used to inspire hope.
- I escorted Ivan back to Paterdomus and Drezel. It seems so long ago that I first did this. While Ivan recounts the Myreque’s fate to Drezel, he’s suggested I do the same with King Roald.
- I reported all of these events back to King Roald of Varrock. Veliaf may have given up, but now we know Vanescula’s true plan, there still remains a small sliver of hope that she can be stopped...if indeed she should be.
|Part 8 of the Myreque quest series|