Transcript of The Hunt for Surok
This transcript involves dialogue with Surok Magis, Anna Jones, Dakh'thoulan Aegis, Bork, Ork legion, and the player.
The Hunt Begins[edit | edit source]
(If the player talks to Anna Jones first)
- Anna: It's so exciting!
- Player: What is?
- Anna: Surok is here! He's looking at the tunnel right now! Gosh, isn't this the best thing ever?
- Player: Surok is here?
- Anna: Oh, yes. He's just over there. As soon as he's finished looking at the tunnel, I need to speak to him about getting paid!
- Player: Oh - perhaps I should speak to him first.
- Anna: By all means, go ahead.
- Player: Thanks.
(Speaking with Surok Magis)
- Surok: Player! The meddling adventurer.
- Player: Surok! What are you doing here? How did you -
- Surok: Escape from Varrock Palace Library? That cruel imprisonment you left me in?
- Player: Well ... er ... yes.
- Surok: Bah! A mere trifle for a powerful mage such as myself. There were plenty of other foolish people to help with my plans and you would do well to stay out of my way.
- Player: Stop. Surok! As a member of the Varrock Palace Secret Guard, I arrest you! Again!
- Surok: Ha! I tire of this meaningless drivel. Catch me if you can.
- Surok: A distraction is needed!
- Player: Woah!
- Player: I'd better get after him before he gets away.
(Speaking with Anna Jones)
- Anna: I saw what happened there.
- Player: What do you mean?
- Anna: I saw Surok cast that spell at you like that.
- Player: What? Aren't you going to help me then?
- Anna: Oh heavens, no! Surok has a frightful temper at times – and you probably did something to deserve it anyway.
- Player: Surok is a traitor to Varrock and is wanted by the Varrock Palace Secret Guard!
- Anna: Well. I don't know about any of that, but I do know that I haven't been paid yet and until I get paid, I'm doing nothing further.
- Player: I don't think he's coming back, you know.
- Anna: He'd better, or I'll be contacting the palace to make a formal complaint!
- Player: I ... I see. Well, good luck then.
- Anna: Thank you. Goodbye!
Into the Lair[edit | edit source]
- Aegis: Goodness me! It's Lord Magis!
- Surok: I must escape!
- Dakh'Thoulon Aegis: Hello. How can I help you?
- Player: Where did he go?
- Aegis: Where did who go?
- Player: Surok! I saw him come in this way!
- Aegis: Oh. Lord Magis? Why yes; he went through the portal here.
- Player: Right! Thanks!
- Aegis: Was there anything else?
- Player: Yes. What is this place?
- Aegis: These are the Dagon'hai tunnels. They radiate with the energy of chaos magic. At the far end of the tunnel, you will find a portal to the Chaos Altar itself, where chaos runes are crafted.
- Player: Thanks for your time.
Surok vs Fire Giants[edit | edit source]
- Surok: Pathetic creatures.
- Surok: Feel the power of Zamorak!
- Surok: These petty distractions are no annoyance.
Second Encounter[edit | edit source]
- Player: Surok! Give yourself up. You can't get away.
- Surok: Fool! You are in my lair now. These tunnels belong to my people: the Dagon'hai. Here is where you meet your doom.
- Player: If you will not come peacefully, I will have to arrest you by force.
- Surok: So be it. Let's see how you deal with some of my pets ...
- Surok: Kill him/her!
- Player: Aargh!
Final Encounter[edit | edit source]
- Player: It's a dead end, Surok. There's nowhere left to run.
- Surok: You're wrong, player. I am right where I need to be.
- Player: What do you mean? You can't escape.
- Surok: You cannot stop me, player. But just in case you try, allow me to introduce you to someone ...
- Surok: Bork! Kill the meddler!
- Player: Oh boy ...
- Bork (at reduced health): Come to my aid, brothers!
- Bork: Destroy the intruder, my legions!
- Ork Legions: For Bork!
- Ork Legions: Die, human!
- Ork Legions: Steady lads!
- Ork Legions: All together now!
- Ork Legions: Form a triangle!
- Ork Legions: Resistance is futile!
- Ork Legions: To the attack!
Bork Defeated[edit | edit source]
- Surok: Fear the power of Zamorak!
- Player: It looks like Surok slipped away when I was fighting. I wonder what he is up to now ... ?
- Player: What, th-? This power! It must be Zamorak! I can't fight something this strong! I better loot what I can and get out of here!
Deafeating Bork Subsequent Times[edit | edit source]
- Player: That monk - he called to Zamorak for revenge!
- Player: What, th-? This power again! It must be Zamorak! I can't fight something this strong! I better loot what I can and get out of here!