Transcript of The Defiance of Hyu-Ji
This transcript involves dialogue with The Navigator, The Convict, The Missionary, The Biologist, and the player.
- Player: Do you have news from Hyu-Ji?
- The Navigator: We received this via courier.
- Player: Let's see...
- The Convict: Feels nice to write without blackmailing you. We've reached a new stage in our relationship. The enemy fleet is getting close. Tomlin says he can smell them. Bless him, I think he's excited. And as we thought, the three factions are working together. The soothsayers are on the Purist ship, and the pirates are circling in schooners. Anyway, I'm passing the pen - Tomlin has something he wants to say. See you soon.
- The Missionary: Afternoon, portmaster. I've got a favour to ask. Brother Jered is due to arrive today to inspect the island, to see how the church is going. I forgot they were coming - just a wee bit. But we could, perhaps, turn this to our advantage. He's arriving with ten White Knights. Not many, but enough to tip the balance. Could you pick them up on the way to joining us? Oh, and apologise to Jered for the inconvenience. Remind him that 'the love of Saradomin is ever-forgiving'.
- Player: Well, it seems we all have a part to play in this. Let's set sail.
- The Biologist: We did it! We did it!
- The Convict: I can't believe it. You have to hand it to the sea orphans, they're quick learners.
- The Missionary: Still here are you, Marcus? I found your getaway boat in the bay, stocked with food. I'm surprised you're not halfway to the Pincer region by now.
- The Convict: Haha! I wouldn't do such a thing! I'm khan now, and my responsibility is to the island. It must have been from, you know, before.
- The Missionary: With packed fresh apples, eh?
- Player: What's important is that we kept the island safe. We helped those people to protect themselves, and now they're more capable than any of us.
- The Biologist: They're performing their own experiments...
- The Convict: My advisors are effectively running the place...
- The Missionary: And they're using the church to give their own sermons... I'm fine with it. I'm more at home in battle than in the pulpit. It's time I accepted that.
- Player: What did Brother Jered say?
- The Missionary: Let's just say he helped that decision along. He's given funding to the sea orphans, so they can bring Saradomin to other islands.
- Player: It seems you've all found a home and role for yourselves. It's been a real pleasure working with you all.
- The Convict: Ditto. Even you, Tomlin.
- The Missionary: It's been...enlightening.
- The Biologist: Oh, wait, I think I left the safe open! The explosives!
- The Convict: Unbelievable. Well, we better get going. You will go down in sea orphan legend, portmaster.