Transcript of The Branches of Darkmeyer journal entry
- Veliaf told me about a cave in Burgh de Rott, south of the bank. I should explore it and see if I can find anything, but I should be prepared to fight, as Veliaf believes Vanstrom Klause may be in the cave.
- I discovered a medallion and a letter addressed to Safalaan in the cave. I should report back to the Myreque.
- I took the letter to Safalaan in Meiyerditch, explaining that it may have been planted by Vanstrom. I should see if he discovered anything interesting.
- Safalaan felt he could not ignore the letter because the writer claimed to know about his history. He asked me to meet the writer in his place, as it could be a trap laid by Vanstrom. He said I should first go to a look-out spot west of the Myreque base and meet up with Vertida and Mekritus, to make sure it's safe.
- Safalaan gave me the following directions to reach the lookout point: Head out of the base, up the stairs and across into the next building. Go west from there, until you reach the barricade. Then, go south and head to the upstairs of the building with the fireplace and portrait. Jump the wall to get to the building next door, and go back to the ground floor. If you leave this building to the west, the meeting point will be to your west. You'll need to make your way round to the building to the north to make sure the coast is clear.
- I reached the look-out spot and saw a small Meiyerditch girl. I don't have much choice other than to go down to her.
- The girl was Vanescula Drakan in disguise. Vertida and Mekritus told me to attack her. They will join me as back-up.
- I tried to attack Vanescula, but she easily deflected my hit and caused Vertida and Mekritus to disappear. It looks like she wants to talk.
- Vanescula told me she wants to help the Myreque. I should find out more.
- Vanescula told me about the blisterwood tree in Darkmeyer, which is harmful to vampyres. She believes that weapons carved from the logs of this tree would be more powerful than the Ivandis Flail. She also told me that she has identified me as her personal blood tithe, so the vyrewatch in Meiyerditch won't attack me.
- She gave me a letter which I should take to Safalaan.
- I gave Safalaan Vanescula's letter. He said it contained information about his family and history, and that he needed to know if Vanescula is trustworthy, so I should go to Darkmeyer to find the blisterwood tree. He told me to talk to Vertida about what to do next.
- Vertida told me that I should collect some smoke bombs from one of the back rooms near the entrance in the Myreque base, to help me hide in Darkmeyer. He also said I would need to take a hatchet to chop wood from the blisterwood tree, and that I should look for seeds so the Myreque can plant their own tree.
- I collected smoke bombs from the Myreque base. I should now go to Darkmeyer.
- Vertida told me I can enter along the northern wall of Meiyerditch, using the following directions: head out of the Myreque base, up the stairs and across into the next building. Leave this building and run through the building directly to the north. Turn right, then run north. Once past the fish shop, turn left. Then, run north.
- Vanescula was waiting for me in Darkmeyer. I should ask her where I can find the blisterwood tree.
- Vanescula told me that the blisterwood tree is in the Arboretum in the highest tier of Darkmeyer. She said her protection won't apply to me here, so I won't reach the entrance unnoticed. I should repair the ripped clothing I found to make a disguise.
- I should put my new disguise on, and talk to Vanescula about what to do next.
- Vanescula gave me her blood mark so the vampyres do not see through my disguise. Only recognised vampyres are allowed to enter the Arboretum, so I should mingle with the vampyres to build a name for myself in my disguise.
- Currently, only the middle tier vampyres will speak to me.
- I have increased my status enough for the upper tier vyres to acknowledge me.
- I should talk to them to increase my status further, to be allowed into the Arboretum.
- I have increased my status enough. I pledged my allegiance to Vanescula and tried to enter the Arboretum, but Ranis stopped me and forced me to pledge my allegiance to him too. He put his blood mark on me, and was suspicious that I found it painful. I can now enter the Arboretum.
- Entering the Arboretum angered Ranis, and he is waiting outside for me.
- I should release the energy in Drakan's contraption and present it to the tree in the order it requires.
- I brought the tree back to health. I should chop some logs from it and look for seeds.
- As I was chopping logs, I overheard Vanescula arguing with Ranis. I should see what happened.
- Vanescula has killed Ranis. She will have to blame the Myreque, which will anger the vampyres and incite Vanstrom further. Furthermore, Vanstrom might know the location of the Myreque base in Meiyerditch. I need to warn them!
- I returned to the Myreque to find Safalaan gone. Vertida, Kael, Mekritus and I held a meeting and I told them what happened in Darkmeyer. We need to talk about what should be done.
- I agreed to go back to Darkmeyer to kill Vanstrom. I need to speak to Vertida before I go.
- Vertida qave me some holy water. He said it might be useful for Vanstrom's summoned creatures, and when Vanstrom is weakened. Vanstrom will be a master of all forms of combat, so I should fletch a weapon of each type. Other members of the Myreque may have useful advice.
- I fletched the weapons. I can find Vanstrom's house in the upper tier of Darkmeyer.
- I defeated Vanstrom's summoned bloodveld using Vertida's holy water. I am ready to face Vanstrom.
- I should wear my disguise to pass through Darkmeyer, but I will need combat gear for the fight.
- I have defeated Vanstrom Klause. I need to destroy the desk in his room, to get rid of any evidence.
- Before Vanstrom died, he summoned bloodvelds to kill me. Then, he exploded in a burst of energy. Vanescula and Sarius found me injured, and Vanescula let me use her powers to defend myself. She then destroyed Vanstrom's desk. I should let the Myreque know what happened.
- The Myreque in Meiyerditch were happy to see that I had recovered, and that I had defeated Vanstrom. I should go to Veliaf for a reward.
- Veliaf was concerned when I told him the news. Although he was glad that I had defeated Vanstrom, he said I had put the Myreque in more danger than ever, as the vampyres would be moved to action by the fight and would become more aggressive towards the humans.
|Part 7 of the Myreque quest series|