Transcript of Remember the Dead
- Player: Good day, Kami. Did you get a good night's rest?
- The Memory: No. I had a terrible vision while I slept. I was a sea creature swimming in the Pincers region, near Paradise. I was in a pod with others of my kind, and we were happy. Then a voice spoke to me. It commanded that I do things...bad things...and I lost all control of myself. The voice made me do awful things. It made me attack ships, and eat people. And then this giant ball of light fell into the water and exploded and...
- Player: Don't worry, Kami. It was only a dream. We all have bad ones from time to time.
- The Memory: I know what a dream is, and this wasn't one - it was a memory! I don't know when, but it really happened!
- Player: Is the voice what the sea creatures are scared of?
- The Memory: They don't like the voice and what it makes them do, but it's the light they're scared of... I have to go out there! I have to visit Paradise and connect with these sea creatures. They're in pain, alone and afraid, and they need help. I can help them, I know it.
- Player: Okay, I'll inform my captain to get a boat ready.
- The Memory: Oh, it was horrible. Those poor creatures.
- Player: You actually saw one?
- The Memory: We thought we'd run aground on a reef at first, but...it was the corpse of a sea creature. And then we looked ahead, and there were more. Miles and miles of them!
- Player: All of them sea creatures?
- The Memory: I'll never forget the sight...and the smell. Someone massacred them. There must have been at least fifty of them, just floating there.
- Player: Who would do something like that?
- The Memory: I don't know, but I'm going to find out. I want to thank you, World Guardian. Before I came here, I was nothing, in danger of just disappearing, of being forgotten. But you've given me a home, and my own identity...and now I have a reason for being too. I'm going to find out who did this and stop them, and I'm going to do all I can to protect the sea creatures.