Transcript of Pulling the Tooth
- The Assassin: I visited Kirau. He was sat, cross-legged in his chambers. He knew why I was there, but didn't move.
- Player: Did he explain why he betrayed you?
- The Assassin: He had to. Quin threatened to level Kirau's village, if he did not set a trap for me. She threatened to kill his family, friends and crewmen.
- Player: Did you let Kirau live?
- The Assassin: No, I stabbed him in the heart and buried him, according to his customs.
- Player: I'm sorry. I know Kirau was your friend. It must have been painful.
- The Assassin: I have the pain locked away, broiling and angry in my chest. I will unleash it on Baby Tooth. That's why I've come here. I plan to attack the Death Lotus at their headquarters, Pearl Fortress. Proud as I am, I know I cannot attack without a ship or a crew.
- Player: This sounds like a suicide mission, Ling.
- The Assassin: I would argue otherwise. The order of assassins has grown complacent and proud. They would not dare to believe that someone would attack them brazenly. And you forget that I am angry, and so very good at what I do.
- Player: Then you have my ship and best wishes. Just make sure my crew comes back.
- The Assassin: It is done. Baby Tooth is dead, the Death Lotus assassins are broken and my hand has been avenged.
- Player: Won't they come after you when they get a new leader?
- The Assassin: No. The game has been won. The Death Lotus will acknowledge this, and return to the other games in play. It's how they have always worked. Quin, the seasinger, is another matter. She may yet abandon her search for me, but part of me hopes not. She is the one who got away, and I would jump at an excuse to kill her.
- Player: You're pretty fearsome, you know that?
- The Assassin: Pretty and fearsome. But I could not have got this far without you. You have provided shelter, a ship, crewmen and wisdom when I needed it most. I am at your disposal. Whenever you have need of me, just let me know, Little Khan. You have to admit, it's been fun.