Transcript of Mind over Matter (voyage)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Before the voyage:
- Player: Kami, I have bad news. Kakashi found out I'm sheltering you here. I'm not sure how much longer I can keep you safe.
- The Memory: Oh!
- Player: I wanted to run something past you. You don't have to say yes - your safety is more important - but I think it's our best shot for dealing with Kakashi. I mean, I'd rather not put you in this position, but I'm not sure what else we can do...
- The Memory: What is it?
- Player: How do you feel about being the bait to lure him out?
- The Memory: I'll do it!
- Player: Don't rush into this - it could get dangerous.
- The Memory: If it will mean I don't have to keep being scared of Kakashi, then I'm doing it! I'm not a little girl, you know, just someone's memory of one. When I felt what those sea creatures were feeling, I understood what I needed to do. I need to help them, and I can't very well do that if I'm running scared.
- Player: I'll ensure your safety, of course - it'll only be my best crew. I've employed some Death Lotus assassins in case Kakashi gets too close.
- The Memory: Will they kill him? I...I don't know how I feel about that.
- Player: We'll do whatever you feel comfortable with.
- The Memory: Could we just scare him off? I don't want anyone to die...not even him.
- Player: We'll try, but you are our priority. The plan is to send you to the Glittercaves. We'll spread rumours that you are headed that way. Kakashi should take the bait.
After the voyage:
- The Memory: It worked! It worked, it worked! Kakashi took the bait, but he didn't get within ten feet before he was surrounded by the Death Lotus! He was so angry. You know, when you said he was Bandosian, I thought he'd be some little green goblin, or an ogre or something...but he was human!
- Player: A human diviner following Bandos's teachings, eh? I'm going to have to look into this more. What else happened?
- The Memory: He said he would give up chasing me. He promised on the memory of Bandos. The Death Lotus handed him a red knotted cloth: a promise that he will die should I die. Our fates are tied, which I guess is why it's a knot...
- Player: It seems unlikely that Kakashi would just give up.
- The Memory: I'm not so sure. He seemed disappointed when he saw me, as if I wasn't what he wanted, or not what he expected. I've changed. When he started chasing after me, I was just divine energy - the wisps - but now I'm more real! Whatever reason he wanted me for to start with, he doesn't anymore!
- Player: That's great news. Anything else to report?
- The Memory: After he left, we went to the Glittercaves - it was beautiful! I could feel the presence of a giant sea creature there. There was a lingering sadness there, but more than that I felt fear. I have to understand the sea creatures more; I have to find a way to help them!