Transcript of Meet the Partner - Again
This transcript involves dialogue with The Occultist, The Whaler, The Assassin, The Partner, and the player.
- The Occultist: Whatever this is, could we get it over with quickly? My bath's getting cold.
- The Whaler: I'd warm it, lady! Nothing gets a bath hotter than old Hubbub!
- The Assassin: Ugh. It's like watching your parents flirt.
- The Partner: Thank you for hearing me out. I know you're all busy people. You see, I've been piecing a puzzle together, ever since you three joined the port. I hope you don't mind, but I've been listening to your conversations, and filling the gaps by reading your journals.
- The Whaler: Wait, what?
- The Partner: And your backstories all overlap. Hubbub, you paid the Death Lotus to kill Quin, am I right?
- The Whaler: Yes, but look - can we go back to the bit where you read our journals?
- The Partner: Ling, you were sent by the Death Lotus to kill Quin, am I correct?
- The Assassin: I see where you're going with this. Yes, you are correct.
- The Partner: And Zu Zu, were you the occultist who foiled that assassination attempt?
- The Occultist: Yes, yes, very good old man.
- The Partner: You ALL have an enemy in Quin, and your destinies have become intertwined, like a spiderweb. I haven't been a man of faith for some time, but there's a higher power at play here. Whatever the flavour of your faith - Saradomin, the Fates, flying sea gods - someone is telling you something. I think they're telling you to kill Quin. With that in mind, I have a plan. It's not easy, but it'll get us through the sea monsters, assassins and traps that Quin has surrounded herself with.
- Player: I've looked at John Strum's plan, and it's a good one. Are you in for killing Quin?
- The Occultist: Kill the one person who's still hunting me? Sure, I'm in.
- The Assassin: After what Quin did to Kirau, my informer? Of course I'm in.
- The Whaler: A chance to avenge my people? Yes, I'm in.
- The Partner: I'm glad you said that, Hubbub, because the first part of the plan is to convince Shuma to join us. What do you think?
- The Whaler: That old deaf whale? She'd give her right fin to kill Quin.
- The Whaler: She didn't take much convincing! She was determined to leave immediately, but I think I swayed her. The old lady doesn't have much in the way of patience. One other thing. We should keep Zu Zu away from Shuma. I don't want anyone to let slip that Zu Zu sacrificed Shuma's family. That would be bad.
- Player: Deal. So, we have one whale; onto the second part of John Strum's plan.