Transcript of In Memory of Kirau
This transcript involves dialogue with The Whaler, The Occultist, The Partner, The Assassin, and the player.
- The Whaler: We've got one grumpy whale! She's raring to go. Who's next?
- The Occultist: I do hope it's me. Get picked last, and you're probably doing something terrible.
- The Partner: Ling. How well do you know Kirau's crew?
- The Assassin: I haven't talked to Kirau's crew since I...killed Kirau. I'm not sure they'd want to see me.
- The Partner: Kirau betrayed you, Ling. you[sic] did what you had to do, and I'm not the only one who thinks that. Kirau's pirates have been killing Quin's sea monsters whenever they get a chance. They don't blame you; they blame Quin. They've been doing all they can to keep Quin isolated on her island home: Paradise.
- The Assassin: But the pirates must know that I killed Kirau! They would slit my throat before I could explain myself. And they'd have every right.
- Player: We don't think so, Ling. They're focusing all their efforts on Quin. Which is exactly why we need them. It's also why you're the only one to get them for us.
- The Whaler: Legless sea spiders! You can't ask a girl to do that!
- The Occultist: Poor darling. Couldn't one of us go? You'd be surprised what I can achieve with a low neckline.
- The Partner: There's only one way to get a pirate's help without him turning on you. You convince him that he's been wronged. Ling is the only one who can do that.
- The Assassin: I will. I should have explained myself at the time. I disrespected his family by running away.
- The Assassin: I can't believe it! If they had asked me to fall on my sword, I would have. But they forgave me.
- Player: They know the real enemy, Ling.
- The Assassin: I owe them so much. You should know, I'm going to be at the front, fighting with them.
- Player: No one could deny you that, Ling.
- The Assassin: Good. I thought I was going to have to threaten you. It would have been a shame to put a knife to your throat.