Transcript of Hull Down On The Horizon
- The Convict: So, a missionary, a convict, and a biologist walk into a port...
- The Missionary: The Purists are planning an attack on the island.
- The Convict: ...and the missionary ruins the joke.
- The Biologist: Excuse me, did you just say the Purists are planning to attack the island?
- The Biologist: Your data's incorrect. It's pirates. Pirates are organising an invasion.
- The Missionary: I'm no simpleton, scientist. It's Purists. A man from my congregation heard the news.
- The Convict: And I can complete the set. A rogue group of soothsayers are planning to raid the island.
- The Missionary: Look, thief, falsehood is a route to damnation.
- The Convict: And self-righteousness is a route to being punched on the nose.
- Player: Everyone stop for a moment. Hyu-Ji can't be invaded by everyone at once.
- Player: We need to figure out which stories are true. And hope that none of them are.
- Player: Marcus, as you're a khan now, could you help us get that information?
- The Convict: I am khan, aren't I? Sure, send me to the Council of Khans - I should really be going anyway. It's being held on Flou Tar-Shei.
- The Missionary: What's the word on the rumours?
- The Convict: Well, between the three of us, we've made an enemy of every villain this side of Morytania.
- The Biologist: Surely you can't mean...
- The Convict: ...that all three rumours are true? I'm afraid so.
- The Missionary: I'd better dust down my clobbering robes.
- The Biologist: Wait a minute - this can't be a coincidence. Three attacks from three different factions on the same day? No-one's that unlucky.
- Player: Bethan's right. We have to accept the possibility that these three factions are working together.
- The Convict: Pirates take the island, Purists kill the orphans and soothsayers claim the organs? Yes, I can see how that deal might work.
- Player: Get back to Hyu-Ji and warn the orphans, then come back here to discuss a plan. We have preparations to make.