- Player: There is a hole here that looks like it could have something slotted into it.
- Player: I wonder...
- Player walks up to the sconce and puts the torch in it.
- The torch slots into the hole giving a very satisfying *click* followed by a *thunk*.
Investigating door (blocked)[edit | edit source]
- Player: It's sealed shut... I wonder if there is anything around that can help me.
Light the torch in the sconce[edit | edit source]
- Player: The torch fit perfectly, perhaps I should light it.
- Light the torch?
- Player leans in and lights the torch.
- As you light the torch, the seal around the door cracks, allowing entry.
- Player: Huh, I wasn't expecting this...
- Mystery Uncovered: 'Halllowed Be...'.
Lighthouse elevator (broken)[edit | edit source]
Attempting to activate the broken lighthouse elevator[edit | edit source]
- Player: Hmmm, it's not in working order. I wonder if I could fix it...
Attempting to repair a broken mechanism without a cog[edit | edit source]
- You can't see any way to repair this mechanism.
Repairing a broken mechanism with a cog[edit | edit source]
- Repair this mechanism?
- (The player uses the cog to repair the mechanism.)
- (If the final mechanism was fixed:)
- You feel a small shockwave in the water as if this entire mechanism just lurched back into action.
Obtaining the first mosaic pieces[edit | edit source]
- Player: Huh, these look like broken off pieces of a mosaic. I wonder where they came from...
Attempting to restore mosaic[edit | edit source]
Without having restored a 'Hallowed Be the Everlight' painting[edit | edit source]
- Player: I wouldn't know where to begin. Maybe I would if I found an image of what it's supposed to look like first?
Having restored a 'Hallowed Be the Everlight' painting, but with less than 50 mosaic pieces[edit | edit source]
- Player: I don't think I have enough mosaic pieces to restore this portion.
Having restored a 'Hallowed Be the Everlight' painting, and with 50 or more mosaic pieces[edit | edit source]
- Restore this part of the mosaic?
- Player hammers, and the missing section is restored, using 50 mosaic pieces.
Last piece of mosaic restored[edit | edit source]
- You feel a small shockwave as you repair the last part of the mosaic.
- Player: Okay, that's the mechanism repaired and the mosaic restored. I wonder if the elevator will work now...
Activating the fixed lighthouse elevator[edit | edit source]
- Use elevator to ascend?
- Player steps forward, and the middle tile of the elevator ascends, taking the player to the top of the lighthouse.
- Congratulations! You have completed: 'Hallowed Be...' - Solve this mystery.
- You gain 49,000 Archaeology XP for completing a mystery!
After finding underwater tunnel[edit | edit source]
- Player: Some of us have excavated into a building on the southernmost island here. It leads into an underwater tunnel that's still mostly watertight. I think there might be a way through here into, and maybe up, Everlight.
- Vanescula Drakan: Good, let's hope that there is a light switch at the end of this tunnel...
- Player: Well...
- (If you have worked on repairing the clockwork mechanism:)
- Player: I've made a start on repairing a clockwork mechanism that's submerged.
- (Continues below)
- (If you have found pieces of the mosaic and haven't restored a 'Hallowed Be the Everlight' painting:)
- Player: I've found pieces of a mosaic, but I'm not sure what to do with them yet.
- Vanescula Drakan: Hmm, keep an eye out for a picture or painting of whatever mosaic they came from. That could help.
- (If you have found pieces of the mosaic and restored a 'Hallowed Be the Everlight' painting:)
- (Without any mosaic repaired:)
- Player: I've found pieces of a mosaic, as well as restored a painting of what I believe the mosaic should look like.
- Vanescula Drakan: Best get repairing the mosaic then.
- (With some of the mosaic repaired:)
- Player: I've repaired some of a massive mosaic within Everlight.
After having fixed all the mosaic pieces[edit | edit source]
- Player: I've fixed the elevator!
- Vanescula Drakan: And then rushed back here to tell me rather than making use of it? You've been conditioned to expect rewards like a trained dog expects a treat.
- Player: I managed to get an elevator working inside Everlight, and travelled back up above the surface into a strange room filled with murals...
- Vanescula Drakan: How nice for you.