Transcript of Hail To The Khan
- Player: I have a report from Hyu-Ji that claims The Lost Men are assembling for an assault. They're being led by Tubjub.
- The Convict: Not the best of news. I should have just cut out his intestines and sold them to the soothsayers.
- Player: I don't intend to let him level the island. I'm sending a squad to defend it.
- The Convict: That's so very honourable, but it's also naïve. I've spent time with The Lost Men. People will die, and not all of them will be mercenaries.
- Player: You got a better plan?
- The Convict: Indeed I have. The orphans have been bringing me the resources of the island. Sulphur, charcoal, shell pieces. But, when the sea orphans bring them to me, they are careful to keep them separate. Combined, the resources are combustible, very explosive.
- Player: I think I understand you. The ship's ready when you are.
- Player: The explosives reduced the khan and Lost Men to a fine red mist. The captain was quite pale when he reported to me. You saved a lot of innocent lives today.
- The Convict: And you're not the only one to think so. Hyu-Ji's council met with the sea orphans and asked for permission to talk to me. They want me as khan of the island.
- Player: That's hardly incognito for an escaped convict.
- The Convict: You know what? I wouldn't have believed you if you said I'd become a leader. There is a chance - a very good one - that my pursuers won't believe it either. Then there's the first rule of being a khan. Attack a khan, and you invoke the wrath of the other khans. I have diplomatic immunity!
- Player: It doesn't seem like you need me any more. While we haven't seen eye-to-eye, I'm glad we could save the sea orphans.
- The Convict: Don't worry Portmaster. Under my leadership, the sea orphans will be able to protect themselves.