Transcript of Gu: Warriors of the Magic Mountain
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The Tengu: My companions, we need to discover what this 'Kami-shima' is that the seasingers mentioned. There is one group of people who know more about the history of Wushanko than any other.
- Player: Your creators, the Gu? I thought you carried all their knowledge.
- The Tengu: Not all. Even they have secrets to keep - information that they wanted to be forgotten, that they wanted to lose.
- Player: Then a voyage to the Tengu Archipelago is in order. I'll make arrangements.
- The Memory: I should go with him! I am better able to explain matters of anima and divination. No offence, Sojobo.
- The Tengu: None taken, little wren.
- The Exile: What of me?
- Player: I have something else in mind for you, Honovi; I need you to meet up with Benkei. Sojobo will be busy with the Gu, but we need to know more about Kakashi's plans.
- The Tengu: I'll send a coded message and have Benkei meet you on Bladewing Crag, so he knows he can trust you.
- The Exile: I will not fail you, challem.
- Player: How was your audience with the Gu?
- The Memory: They heard our pleas and, though they were reluctant to impart this information, they told us about Kami-shima.
- The Tengu: This one was most convincing. They saw the shared kinship between her and the seacreatures.
- The Memory: Kami-shima is an island - a hidden island in The Shield! It's where all the sea creatures come from - it's their source!
- The Tengu: The island is shrouded in protective wards, and surrounded by a barrier of anima. The Gu sought to keep its existence hidden, to protect the sea creatures.
- Player: Hmm... Maybe this explains some of why there are no gods in this part of the world.
- The Memory: Yes, it is protected! By the world itself!
- The Exile: Then I am afraid my own news is worse than I thought. I went to meet with Benkei, but when I found him he was already dead - his throat slit. My brother's handiwork, no doubt.
- The Memory: Kakashi must have discovered he was a spy - he'll know that we're coming for him!
- The Exile: Benkei had a note hidden on his person. In it, he says that my brother has raised a mercenary army! Kakashi will have a fleet of ships and troops to protect him.
- Player: This is not good.
- The Exile: It gets worse. Kakashi is proudly telling his troops that he has divined the location of Kami-shima. He plans to use it as a power source for his weapon.
- The Memory: That's crazy! He'd drain the entire island just to build a weapon? He's insane! Why would anyone do that?
- The Exile: That was Benkei's final word - the target.
- Player: Who? Who is his target?
- The Exile: You, challem. He intends to kill you.
- The Tengu: Why all this trouble just to kill one man/woman?
- The Memory: Because he/she's the World Guardian!
- Player: Please, all of you, I need to consider this. I'll call you all back once my captains have located Kami-shima.