Dialogue for Goebie
Talking to a goebie[edit | edit source]
- Goebie: Hello, Player!
Passive overhead lines[edit | edit source]
One of the following is possible to initiate the dialogue, depending on the reputation.
- Goebie: Everyone! It's Player!
- Goebie: Is that Player? They're real?
- Goebie: Oh, it's Player! Hi Player!
- Goebie: Player!
- Goebie: Player! You saved my parent!
- Goebie: Player? Player!
- Goebie: Wow! Player!
After this the following lines are possible.
- Goebie: Can I come with you on an adventure?
- Goebie: Is your world like Mazcab?
- Goebie: Where are you going?
After a while the goebie stops focusing on you and says the following.
- Goebie: It was nice to see you, Player!
Using Apollo's helmet on the wrong goebie[edit | edit source]
- Player: Hey there friend, can I interest you in this piece of genuine astrological memorabilia?
- Goebie: No thank you, human. I'm not even really sure what you just said.
- Player: Oh. Do you happen to know anyone that might be interested in relics from far-off lands?
- Goebie: Well, I suppose my friend, [name] does like to collect weird things. Maybe you should try them?
- Player: Excellent! Thanks for your help!
- Goebie: Be well, weird human!
Using Apollo's helmet on the right goebie[edit | edit source]
- As you approach, the goebie holds up a strange looking flute.
- Goebie: Hey there human, can I interest you in this piece of genuine Mazcab history?
- Player: Wait, I was about to ask you the same thing.
- Goebie: Oh. Well. I already have this piece of genuine Mazcab history, so I wouldn't be interested.
- Player: No, no, I was going to try to interest you in this piece of genuine astrological memorabilia.
- Goebie: Oh wow! You can! Would you be willing to trade it?
- Player: Yes, and I appreciate you asking.
- Goebie: Wonderful! here you go! Look after it carefully. That is an ancient flute that our ancestors used to tame vermin.
- Player: Why did your ancestors want to tame vermin?
- Goebie: They were bored? Our ancestors had a lot more spare time. They had a lot less disasters keeping them occupied.
- Player: No, getting this helmet actually took a long time.
- Goebie: That's a shame, Be well human.
When speaking to the goebie named Shauny[edit | edit source]
- Shauny: Look at the sky! Isn't it amazing? And the sea! Isn't it brilliant?
- Player: Are you okay?
- Shauny: Oh yes, very much so. I have a wonderful family, Thuk has just invited me into his clan...
- Player: Did you mean Thok?
- Shauny: Everyone is being so nice to me and making me feel so welcome. People are just so lovely. I've seen so much of this world: The Heart of Gielinor, The Wilderness, The Ahhhhhk.
- Player: Sorry?
- Shauny: The Ahhhhhk, in the Eastern Lands.
- Player: Ohh...
- Shauny: I am never going to forget Gielinor.
- Player: I'm glad you liked it. What are you going to tell the other goebies about it?
- Shauny: In a nutshell? It's been mindblowing.
- Player: Well I hope your next adventure goes just as well! See you, Shauny.
- Shauny: Goodbye, Player!
Using cake on the goebie named Shauny[edit | edit source]
- Shauny: A cake! How did you know it was my birthday? I don't have much to give you in return. Though, I bought this off a strange genie fellow. He told me it was a next gen piece of kit. Perhaps you would like it?
- (If the player doesn't already have a goebie mask:)
- Player: Thank you and happy birthday Shauny!
- (A goebie mask is placed in your inventory, and a cake is removed from your inventory.)
- (If the player already has a goebie mask:)
- Player: No thank you and happy birthday Shauny!
Using cake on the goebie not named Shauny[edit | edit source]
- Goebie: Thank you for the cake but it's not my birthday today.
- Goebie: You should find Shauny though, it is always his birthday.
- A cake is removed from your inventory