Transcript of Foundations
- The Architect: I think I have found a way to find more of the material.
- Player: Not a moment too soon. My crew tell me that your town won't last much longer.
- The Architect: It seems that the false material reacts when close to the real material. I plan to use it as a method of locating the real material.
- Player: Seems promising. A ship is waiting for you.
- The Architect: Thank you.
- Player: I hear your town was saved.
- The Architect: There was enough of the material to reinforce key structures around the area. It was close, but we are optimistic that the town can be saved.
- Player: That is good to know.
- The Architect: Another thing: this "false" material... I think it is alive.
- Player: What? You can't be serious. It's a rock!
- The Architect: I am quite serious. I put it down next to a plant... and the rock changed - right there, before my eyes - into the same plant.
- Player: Incredible!
- The Architect: Indeed. I think this... thing can disguise itself by copying its surroundings. The vibrations are reactions to various stimuli.
- Player: What are you planning to do?
- The Architect: I am no zoologist. I will pass it to scholars for study. I have also instructed our mining crews to be careful - for all we know, this is an endangered species. We must not kill it.
- Player: Are you returning home, or staying here?
- The Architect: Neither. I am going to help locate more of the material. If word reaches you of another source, then please let me know.
- Player: I will be sure to contact you. I wish you well on your travels.