Transcript of False Memories
- Player: How are you settling in?
- The Memory: I'm holding it together - quite literally. I feel like I could explode into wisps or butterflies at any moment!
- Player: What is it, Aagi? You seem a little down.
- The Memory: Please, would you not call me that? I might look and think like her, but I'm not her. I'm Guthix's memory of her, and an idealisation at that! All of my memories are just his! I hate it! I hate him for making me like this!
- The Player: What if we gave you a different name? Would that help?
- The Memory: I...I don't know. I'm not even real - I'm just energy. And I have been feeling the pull of divination craters. I feel compelled towards them, to just throw myself in.
- The Player: There are no craters in Wushanko - it's isolated from the west, and the locals aren't big on gods. Perhaps there's a place out east for you.
- The Memory: You know what? Yes, I think I'd like that!
- Player: It's the least I can do. I'll inform the crew.
- Player: How was your trip?
- The Memory: I felt something new. Your boat took us out near the mermaids - they were so pretty. Their songs had an odd energy to them. I could feel it - it was weird, but in a good way. They were rude to your crew, though, throwing fish at them and using bad words. My first instinct was to tell them to stop. But that instinct came from Guthix. So I swallowed it down, ignored it. Instead I picked up a fish and threw it in the face of one of the mermaids! We were all laughing, caught up in the game. I was enjoying myself! It's the first time I've felt like...not Guthix, I guess is how I'd say it. I just wish it lasted longer. It went away pretty quickly.
- Player: What happened?
- The Memory: I felt the pull of the divination craters again. They want to consume me, I can feel that...and sometimes I want to, but...I don't want to go. Please don't let them take me.
- Player: It's alright, we won't let you be absorbed back into the craters.
- The Memory: I'm afraid of them. I'm afraid I'll give up and just jump in. I need to get far away from them.
- Player: Then we'll get you further away. I'm sure there's somewhere east where you'll feel safe.