Transcript of Emotional Baggage
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Player: Hello, um... Exile. What can I do for you?
- The Exile: There are too many people in your port. I wish to go somewhere quieter.
- Player: That's not reason enough to borrow a crew and ship, I'm afraid. Did you have a destination in mind?
- The Exile: I wish to visit The Sunlit Veil. I hear it is small, and not many live on its beaches. I also have business there, though I will not speak of it.
- Player: You won't talk about it? But you're usually such a chatterbox!
- The Exile: Laugh if you wish. I am past worrying about what others think.
- Player: *sigh* I suppose I have a boat headed that way. If you don't antagonise the crew, I'll let you tag along.
- The Exile: That is satisfactory, naabe. I mean... thank you.
- Player: Did your trip go as you hoped?
- The Exile: I would not wish to live there.
- Player: Isn't it meant to be idyllic? Especially with the music of the seasingers.
- The Exile: The song was the problem. It brought back painful memories. I do not wish to talk of it.
- Player: You know, sometimes it's good to talk about your problems. I might be able to help...
- The Exile: It is not my place to burden you. It is my burden, and I must bear it alone.
- Player: Didn't you say that you no longer had a burden, that you are no longer a worldbearer?
- The Exile: You twist my words... but there is truth within what you say. You have given me something to consider.