Transcript of Do Unto Others
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The Convict: Ready for a character assassination?
- Player: I'd prefer not to be assassinated at all. And I'd rather it wasn't by you.
- The Convict: I meant Tubjub, the khan of Hyu-Ji. he's a kidnapping, murderous bilge-rat. Tubjub cannot be permitted to sell organs to soothsayers. If we expose what's going on, disgrace him, then we can let his people depose him. I'll be starting a coup d'etat. Pretty exciting, huh?
- Player: How do you plan to prove Tubjub's involvement?
- The Convict: By the means I know best: subterfuge. I'll disguise myself as a mercenary and get aboard their ship. Once I can prove Tubjub's been buying slaves and selling their organs, I'll inform the khans' council.
- Player: That actually sounds achievable.
- The Convict: The only problem is the mercenaries. It seems that Tubjub is using the Lost Men.
- Player: I've never heard of them.
- The Convict: They're the most expensive mercenaries in the Eastern Lands - feared fighters who tattoo their skin with maps of the Wushanko Isles. I'm afraid that a hat, a funny voice and a neckerchief won't quite cut it. We'll have to find the Claymistress, somewhere in the Bowl. She's an expert of illusory magic. Then we move on to part two of the plan: getting the evidence to the Council of Khans.
- Player: The khan, Tubjub...why expose him rather than kill him?
- The Convict: I want to send a message to the soothsayers: if they're using body organs, they need to find out where they came from. Tubjub can't be the only person who's doing this.
- Player: Sounds like a plan. Get to the dock and we'll kick it off.
- Player: So, you disgraced Tubjub?
- The Convict: Absolutely. And his people were rather unimpressed.
- Player: What happened to him?
- The Convict: He was long gone when the mob reached his home. No doubt he slinked off to an out-of-the-way island, searching for peasants to worship him. He'll spend the rest of his life hoping to attain former glories.
- Player: Sounds like you're talking about yourself.
- The Convict: Ah, touche! I would normally have a withering comeback, but I'm tired. I'll let you have this one. But you should come to Hyu-Ji some time, portmaster. Attend our parties, watch the orphans practice their sword work, see how strong they're getting. Then decide whether Tubjub and I are cut from the same cloth.