Transcript of Children of Mah journal entry
- I can begin this quest by talking to Kharshai in his cave beneath Rellekka.
- Kharshai told me about the emergency ritual that the mahjarrat are planning.
- All the mahjarrat have arrived and it appears Kharshai's fears were correct. He is the likely target to be sacrificed.
- Zaros arrived at the ritual site and told the mahjarrat he has a plan to free them of their rituals, but they must accompany him to the ritual site on Freneskae.
- The mahjarrat are in disagreement about what to do next.
- Kharshai asked me to collect a memory from Varrock Dig Site so that we could revisit the day of the betrayal. He hopes it will help the Mahjarrat remember what happened that day.
- The engrammeter has revealed what happened on the day of the betrayal.After[sic] talking to those around him, Kharshai discovered there was a plot to overthrow Zaros.
- Kharshai quashed the accusations of his accusers but his own suspicions were mounting - the evidence seemed to be pointing towards the Legatus Maximus being behind the plot.
- After passing judgement on the 3 traitors, Zamorak arrived and Kharshai was forced to choose which side he would stand with.
- If you made Kharshai stand with Zaros
- Kharshai chose to stand with Zaros
- If you made Kharshai stand with Zamorak
- Kharshai chose to stand with Zamorak
- However, there is still a piece of the memory missing.
- Zamorak has shared his memory of the betrayal with us all.
- Zamorak left, leaving it up to us to decide whom we should place our trust.
- The mahjarrat have decided that they must travel to Freneskae to meet Zaros.
- Kharshai has requested I accompany him.
- I travelled to Freneskae to meet Kharshai, but he was taken captive by Zemouregal.
- I managed to make my way to the bottom of the lava falls.
- Seren saved me from the lava! She explained that Mah is trying to reclaim all her energy which is causing all of Mah's creations to be drained of their power.
- I arrived at the Ritual of Enervation site to find the mahjarrat already gathered.
- Zaros explained his plan to perform a final ritual to draw on Mah's power and transfer it to the mahjarrat. However, just as everyone had agreed to participate Zamorak appeared at the site.
- Zaros and Zamorak fought against each other but they appear to have stopped. For now.
- Zaros and Zamorak have entered into a demonic pact. Zamorak has agreed to help Zaros with a final ritual in return of freeing the mahjarrat from their curse.
- In return, Zamorak will work for Zaros in Sliske's Endgame.
- Seren sent me into Mah's mind to try to stop her nightmares.
- I defeated Mah's nightmares and stopped the tremors.
- The ritual is complete. Mah's power has now been transferred into each of the mahjarrat.
- With the ritual complete, Mah was in agony. Seren, feeling all of Mah's pain, couldn't bear to see her this way and decided to act. She struck a killing blow.
- An elder god has fallen.
- Mah is dead.
- Seren is upset with Zaros for causing the death of Mah and has gone to confront him.
- Seren confronted Zaros about causing the death of Mah. However, Zamorak recognised her as Mah, realising in the past it was she who had posed as Mah and taught the mahjarrat the rituals which have led to their demise. The mahjarrat stood together to confront Seren, leading to her teleporting away but not before she promised to stand against Zaros.
- With the ritual complete, the mahjarrat are free from the rituals that have plagued them for millennia and the feud between the two mahjarrat factions seems at peace for now. However, Zaros reminded Zamorak that he will still be called upon during Sliske's end game to aid him.
- Zaros, sensing a power within Mah's core, has claimed it for himself.
- Zaros told me I have his respect for aiding his return and helping the mahjarrat escape their doom.
|Part 5 of the Sliske quest series|