Transcript of Cabin Fever journal entry
- I have spoken to Bill Teach and agreed to help him sail his ship to a place called Mos Le'Harmless. We are likely to be attacked by enemy pirates on the way. Bill is ready, all I have to do is board the Adventurous, and we can set off.
- I have gone to the ship and spoken to Bill Teach again. He is ready to set off as soon as I give the word.
- We have been attacked by pirates, and Bill has told me to destroy their cannon before they sink the ship. He has told me I can climb the mast and use a rope to make a rope swing and swing across. When I get there, I will need to use some sort of a flame on a fuse after attaching it to the gunpowder barrel they have next to the cannon.
- Having destroyed the enemy ship's cannon I should return to my ship and see what Bill wants me to do next.
- The ship is taking on water, so I will need to repair it. I will need to take repair planks from the repair locker and use a hammer and tacks to fix them over the cannon hole. I will then need to use swamp paste on the patch to waterproof it.
- I have repaired and waterproofed the holes in the hull. I should tell Bill in case he wants me to do anything else.
- Bill wants me to take five loads of Plunder from the enemy hold and put them into the chest in our hold
- Having looted to my heart's content I should go and tell Bill that I have filled the hold with plunder.
- My next task it to finish off the enemy ship using our cannon. To do this I will need to repair it first. I will need to go to the gun locker and retrieve a new cannon barrel. I will then need to replace the broken barrel with this.
- Bill wants me to fire the cannon at the enemy ship, but did not tell me how.
- Having fixed the cannon I should go and ask him how to do it.
- I have been told how to fire the cannon, and ordered to fire a shot at the crew. I will need to add gunpowder to the cannon, tamp the charge with a ramrod, add a canister, then use a fuse on the cannon and fire it. Afterwards I will need to use the ramrod on the cannon to clean it, mostly to stop it from exploding.
- Having shot the enemy crew full of holes, I think we can probably sail off into the sunset now. I will go and tell Bill that I have done what he wanted.
- Bill has asked me to hole the enemy ship, preventing them from following us and learnin' them to mess with us. I will need to add gunpowder to the cannon, tamp the charge with a ramrod, add a cannonball, then use fuse on the cannon and fire it. Afterwards I will need to use the ramrod on the cannon to clean it, mostly to stop it from exploding.
- I have shot holes in the enemy ship, and we have sailed triumphantly into Mos Le'Harmless. Bill has given me the Little Book o' Piracy, which I will need to be able to speak to some of the pirates in town, and he has told me to speak to him if I need to go back to the mainland.