Transcript of Anachronia
Initial Journey to Anachronia[edit | edit source]
On The Stormbreaker[edit | edit source]
Text cutscene with pictures of the ship, Laniakea, and Anachronia
- Laniakea: The dragon told me the voyage would be treacherous but I have never seen a storm like this one. The sea is primoridal... It is ancient, and vast. Like a thing from another time. The sky is angry. I can feel it. If not for The Stormbreaker's powerful magical wards, we would be torn apart. From the deck I hear the island calling to me. 'Turn back. Turn back. I do not want to be found. I should not be found. Turn back.' This must truly be the very end of the world. Cut off from everything. The sort of place I have been seeking all my life. A place of solace. I think the storm is finally breaking. At last we can catch a glimpse of this barren rock... ...?[sic]
- The island of Anachronia is shown, and the camera pans through the shore, some of the wild life, and some of the scenery
On the beach at Anachronia[edit | edit source]
Talking to Archaeologist, or either guard
- NPC: Look how pretty everything is!
Talking to Laniakea
- Laniakea: Quite a sight, it's very interesting to see there is architecture here. I certainly was not expecting that, it all looks well built so that excites me.
- Player: Why is that exciting?
- Laniakea: Well Player, it means that there is or was once civilisation here. What secrets do they have? What knowledge do they possess that we do not? More importantly, what new creatures or plantlife live here? They could yield types of poisons for me to toy with. We should press on, Player. The beach does not feel very safe for now, we should bring a small party inland to find an area of relative safety to make camp.
- Player: Sounds like a good idea.
- Laniakea: Of course.
Investigating to Footprints
- Laniakea: Look at the size of this footprint! It's extremely rare to find something that would make a print this big. Be on the lookout everyone. We are not alone on this island.
- Player: Do you know what creature it could be?
- Laniakea: I can not say for sure, the footprint suggests it could be very similar to a dragon.
Wandering through Anachronia[edit | edit source]
Investigating first set of Bones
- Player: Look at this.
- Laniakea: This looks and smells fresh, but all the flesh has been stripped right off. We're going to have to squeeze past it, be careful not to slip.
- Screen fades to black, and the Player and the rest of their party is safely on the other side
Investigating second set of Bones
- Player: Another pile of bones, on the same track as where these footprints are leading.
- Laniakea: Let us push on, we need to find a safe spot to make camp. Night is upon us and we should ensure we're protected against whatever is with us on this island.
- Cutscene ensues where Player and party come across a very big dinosaur
- (Player and party reactions to dinosaur transcript missing. )
- Varrock guard: What IS that thing?
- Player: It looks like a big scary Jadinko.
- Laniakea: Everyone stand still. Do not move a muscle.
- Varrock guard: Do you think he saw us?
- Laniakea: If we do not startle it, it may not even see us.
- Varrock guard: It just looked at me.
- Laniakea: Shut up. You'll get us all killed.
- Varrock guard 1: It's definitely looking at me.
- Varrock guard 2: I'm too young to die.
- Varrock guard 1: It just licked it's[sic] lips.
- Player: SSSHHHH!
- Varrock guard: AAARRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! RUN, EVERY MAN, WOMAN AND CHILD FOR THEMSELVES!
- Camera changes angles, the dinosaur roars, and man runs in
- ??? (Man): COR BLIMEY. LOOK OUT!
- ??? (Dinosaur): ROARRRRRRRRRRRRR!
- ??? (Man): RUN YOU FOOLS!
- Varrock guard: Is he with us?
- Player: Don't think so.
- ???: RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!
- Varrock guard: You don't need to tell me twice. I'm pegging it!
- The Player and party run off, followed by the Man and the dinosaur. They run for a while, and then they enter base camp
- Irwinsson: This is one of the few places that are safe around here. Blimey, I've not had a chance to process the fact that there are other people on this island! I'm so happy to see you! The name is Irwinsson.
- Player: Thanks for the help, Irwin...
- Varrock guard: What was that thing?
- Irwinsson: This land is littered with new creatures I had never seen before. Be careful when you leave this area, there are new creatures and dangerous plants. I've found that using a lot of the broken temples and roots to traverse the island quite helpful.
- Varrock guard: We're all going to die.
- Player: Thanks for the advice.
- Irwinsson: I'm still amazed I'm not alone on this god forsaken island. Please come chat to me more about how you're even here! You can find me in the lodge just over there.
- Laniakea: I am going to explore, if you need me I won't be far, Player.
- Varrock guard: You're just going to leave us? With that THING out there?!
- Laniakea: You'll be fine. So will I.