Dialogue for Ali Mirza
After Diamond in the Rough dialogue[edit | edit source]
- Ali Mirza: Welcome! It is good to see you again. How can I be of service, friend of Al Kharid?
- Ask about Ozan.
- Ali Mirza: Though I met Ozan only briefly, I could tell that he has a good heart. He has a sharp tongue too...but he is not lacking in responsibility or honour. But I find upon my return that he took the Kharid-ib against my father's wishes, and to rescind my father's last order would be to dishonour him. So, as things stand, Al Kharid must view Ozan as an traitor to be arrested upon sight. Personally, I hope it does not come to that. In fact, if he were ever to return the Kharid-ib, I would welcome him home as a brother.
- Ask about the Kharid-ib.
- Ali Mirza: My father did not tell me all of the Kharid-ib's secrets, but he did tell me enough to know its true value to Al Kharid. It may seem harsh to you that he would value it above even his own son's life, but I understand his reasons. Of greater concern to me is that the Menaphites, and Amascut, not only have the diamond, but also know something of it. We cannot rely on Ozan alone to return it. Osman is also doing what he can and, when the time comes, I hope we can rely upon you again too.
- Ask about Menaphos.
- Ali Mirza: As a prisoner, I was privy to much that my kidnappers spoke of. I am convinced this is all part of some wider Menaphite plot. And I now believe that, even during the war, their primary goal has always been to obtain the Kharid-ib. Now that they have it, the gods only know what their next step will be. I shall attempt to maintain the peace as long as possible...but I have assigned Osman to look into this matter further. We will have answers.
- Ask about Lady Keli/Amascut.
- Ali Mirza: Yes, it is the most troubling aspect of all of this. That the Devourer herself would directly intervene in such a way terrifies me. Since the end of the God Wars, the history of the desert is rife with reports of her destructive tendencies. And now she is behind my kidnap and the theft of the Kharid-ib. I only hope that whatever she is up to can be stopped in time, because whatever it is, it won't be good.
- That's all.