Transcript of Abyssal Link
This transcript involves dialogue with the player.
Deciphering theoretical blueprints[edit | edit source]
- Player goes through several emotes, including Think, deciphering the blueprints
- Player: Hold up, I think I can understand these now, thanks to my research team cracking Howl's cipher! These designs are massively ahead of their time, but I think I can finally realise some of these devices!
- Study which blueprint? (Only shows blueprints not deciphered already)
- Experimental Aether Reactor (relic).
- Golem framework (relic component).
- Subtle Blade (relic).
- Player: This blueprint appears to be a device that...wait, could cut through the fabric of reality? That sounds dangerous. It references a mythological weapon that could already do this, but cuts too deep, and this device was a way of making it safer by limiting how deeply it could cut. Thanks to my World Guardian status, I think this is talking about Guthix's sword. I could use one of the smaller fragments from his shrine to forge a much smaller dagger, which should be safe to use and would allow me to teleport around with ease!
- Player goes through several emotes describing discovering the concept
- You've discovered a new invention to manufacture in Howl's workshop: Subtle Blade!
Guthix's cave[edit | edit source]
Entering the excavated entrance[edit | edit source]
- Player: Hmm, I do need a shard of Guthix's broken sword if I want to manufacture that Subtle Blade relic...
- Where do you want to go?
- Main entrance.
- Player enters the main area of the Guthixian ruins.
- Guthix's shrine.
- Player is teleported to Guthix's shrine.
- Main entrance.
Investigating shattered blade[edit | edit source]
- The shattered remains of this blade are emitting sparks. Pieces are clearly missing, rendering it irrepairable[sic] even if it was safe to touch.
- (If the player doesn't own the shard of the Blade:)
- Player: If I'm not mistaken, my World Guardian powers should let me safely pick up a shard. Here goes nothing...
- Player receives Shard of the Blade.
- (If the player owns the shard of the Blade:)
- Player: I already took a shard. One piece is all I need.
Subtle Blade[edit | edit source]
Observing The Subtle Blade[edit | edit source]
- A large amount of power emanates from this relic. Offering this to the Monolith at the Archaeology campus will unlock the 'Abyssal Link' relic power.
Offering the relic at the mysterious monolith[edit | edit source]
- the Player is energised by the monolith
- Ancient Power Unlocked
You now have access to the relic power:
Teleport spells from the spellbook no longer require runes, but award no magic XP.